14 , orange cat

𖨊
______

orange cat
______

the woman with the crow's feet and smiling lines found me beside the steps of a house i had been sleeping next to ever since the house fire incident. she was brunette, but the gray in her hair made her look blonde in the light and when she talked, she sounded sweet with a vagueness of sounding as if she was only doing it because she had to.

there was an orange cat that greeted me with a purring melody of a meow every morning it sat at the top of the cement stairs. sometimes it would brush against my legs and let me pet its long and lavish fur-coat; the only thing to keep me company since we parted ways.

i fled across town after watching the scene of giant flames engulfing the burning wood to the ground to escape any connection with that part of my life:

standing there in nothing more than one of his oversized t-shirts that now had rips and holes in the stitches felt surreal. staring at the place you once called home become nothing more but embers and dust the wind would soon just blow around as if it never meant anything at all; the feeling of your heart sinking to the floor as the only important person in your life left you to suffer the after-effects of it all.

that same day, she offered me a job-what else did i have to lose?