1o , adoring eyes

______

adoring eyes
______

who even knew what love was at my age? i never even had the chance to understand parental love when i was growing up so how could i begin to comprehend love love? maybe it was the familial type of love i never had.

or maybe i was being naïve and believing it to be more than just a sister-brother kind of love. he's the one who took me in after all; the only one who cared for me those past few years so i could see how it felt to live off the streets and own nice enough things to be considered human, not homeless. to not feel like washed up scum that people scraped off their shoes at the end of a day's labor.

its a tiring kind of life that you want to end but don't know how to end. then there's that slightest bit of hope inside your head that you could still be saved. that small ounce of hope was the worst to have-from having to get a bruised eye to a cut-up lip for having to hide a single coin in your ratty clothes because someone might just steal that off you as if you didn't have anything else to give already.

expectations were a thing i learned to give up; until he made me think twice after always looking up at him with such adoring eyes.