27 , knock, knock

𖡍
______

knock, knock
______

through a croaked laugh he stood before me like a titan with demonic eyes glowering down at his prey. my back was up against the wall yet both my hands and feet ravenously pushed away at the floor as if to try and go through it. silent screams shook my being the more i tried to make a sound, but whenever i did, nothing came out. my throat strained at the sheer amount of force i exuded to get something-anything-out as hot tears stained my flushed cheeks.

his shadow inched closer, and closer, until it was at my feet threatening to eat me alive. afraid and frightened beyond belief, i hugged my legs to my chest as tightly as i could but it was of no use. "i'm already tainted and trashed, so you're going down with me." the gravelly voice was almost alien-like; so dark and un-human.

and just as fast as he flicked open the lighter, the flames were already crawling up my legs swallowing me whole and burning me alive.

i screamed, and cried, and cried, and screamed, but nothing came out just as it did before.

my vision went dark before my eyes shot open to the sound of a knock at my door. i could feel sweat dripping down my forehead, neck, and back while i stared at the ceiling, drenched in a sweatiness that felt as though i should shiver.

knock, knock, knock. a little louder this time.

the paranoia that took ahold of me made my hands clench the sheets until my knuckles turned white and another drop of sweat fell from my forehead. i could hear slight shuffling coming from the other side of the door making me sit up and try to push aside the nightmare that haunted me in my waking state.

the moon was still high in the cerulean haze of the sky as i finally collected whatever bearings i could muster and sweat i could wipe off before opening the door. fixing my hair and straightening out my clothes to look somewhat decent, i turned the handle to be welcomed with a hanging picture of a painting in a gold frame.

at first i was confused, but the next words that were said were what caught me off-guard.