o7 , hazy memories

______

hazy memories
______

my youth was always a hazy memory whenever i tried to remember where i came from and why i ended up where i did. the earliest memory i have is waking up to a group of kids kicking me until i threw up blood on the street that was covered in a layer of dust and dirt.

i let them have their fun with me for as long as it lasted, looking past their legs with a blank stare as i prayed to a god that may or may not exist to ask why. hearing them snicker and laugh made my bloodied and blackened eyes well-up with tears that mixed with the pool of blood that sat in front of my mouth as they fell.

my limp body laid there for what felt like an eternity after the kicking stopped. through hitched breaths, i was seeing stars for moments on end before waking up from a blackened state of consciousness to hear licking noises right next to me. it was darker than usual but once my eyes adjusted, a bloodhound could be seen trying to lick up the dried blood off the ground from when i was being socked in the gut.

i was able to lift my head sightly off the ground before the hound looked at me with its oh-so tired and bloodshot eyes that seemed to drag on the floor along with its floppy ears and skin that hung from its jowls. a long, loud howl from the dog made me flinch as i tried my best to cover my ears.

after it stopped, it ran off into the darkness of the streets where i would stay for however long i was able to survive on my own.