Marsai/You (I)

I Just Kissed My Best Friend

(A/n not good at writing kissing scenes or sex scene, not that I need to for this one shot, so bare with me😂)

You and Marsai were real close when you two were younger. When she hit it big with the show Blackish and doubled back executive producing Little and doing so much more, you were so proud of her. Words couldn't even describe how proud you were. She was living her dream and you were there to support her every step of the way. But, as Marsai got more successful, you started to feel as if she was leaving you behind. Not just emotionally, but as in what she was doing in life. You had just graduated highschool and didn't know what you wanted to do in life or where you wanted to be. Of course, you wanted to go to college, but what would you do,

"Ayo, you still talk to that Marsai jawn? She doin good and lookin good too." Your boy best friend comments. For some reason, that comment ticked you off but you chose to ignore it, "Yea, I still talk to her. Sometimes when she not busy." You mumbled, messing with your midi keyboard keys after finding a nasty electric guitar sound. Your boy best friend, Lohi, hums, "You sound a lil upset, mane. Y'all startin to drift?" He asks worriedly. You shrugged while bobbing your head to the little melody you made, "I don't know, man. We text, we sometimes FaceTime but it's only for a lil bit. I know she got a career, I know that. But, I kinda miss havin her all to myself sometimes. She was the first person to... you know, accept me for me and made me feel the care I never had growing up with my parents." You ranted, doing a little kick pattern on your drum pad.

Lohi pulled a stank face, "Damn, bruh! Only put down a kick and dis shi startin to sound fye!" He laughs out. You grinned and layered a snare and a clap for the next pattern. Lohi nodded his head,
"They call me Big Elly, a bit silly
Big money, Big really
When I'm slidin in the Martin, you hear me
I be slicin with these bars, so you fear me." Lohi freestyles and laughs after that verse, "Mannnn this shit fire!" He exclaims, watching as you added a weird synth sound and recorded a few vocals, "Ayo, you gotta do like a lil perc roll like duhduhduhduhn. Sumn like that, like a lil roll on every third beat kinda sorta." You nodded and added that end, "Ouu, shit! That shi bouncy, mane! Then, every other bar, add like a lil tom drum on the like second or third metronome hit on the forth beat, or sumn like that." You muttered and put that down.

When you started the beat from the beginning, you two laughed loudly and hifived each other, "That's NASTY!" Lohi laughs out,

(A/n the beat^^ one of Timbo's NASTIEST beats stg🔥)

"You never told me you produced, Y/n/n."

You froze up at that very familiar voice. Lohi grins, "Aye, look who it is! Ms. Superstar herself!" He says as the beat played in the background. You looked up to see your best friend in all of her glory. Marsai Martin, "Damn, Sai Sai, wh-what are you doin here-? What—?" You laughed out, standing up and hugging the shorter girl. The shorter girl smiles, "I really wanted to see you." She says softly. Lohi raises an eyebrow, "So, ima jus bounce, playa. Ima let u catch up wit yo jawn, send me dat shi tho cuz dat shi fye as fuck." He says making you nodded and dap him up with one arm still around Marsai's waist. You were surprised she wasn't complaining because she always hated being hugged for too long, "Ight, now get out." You joked making Lohi clutch his chest in faux hurt before laughing and walking out.

Marsai let out the softest sigh, "I missed you so much. I haven't seen you in years." She mutters softly. You hummed, "Yeah, and you still short." You say, laughing when you felt Marsai shove you away from her with a fake angry expression. Marsai was about 5'2" while you were 5'11", borderline 6 ft. Marsai took this chance to get a good look at you. You still had your signature afro that covered your eyes and had gotten quite a few tattoos. She knew you were working out because she felt your abs through your shirt and your arms when you wrapped them around her. You wore a Cat in the Hat shirt with a turtle neck under it, a pair of ripped black jeans, white forces and a little chain,

 You wore a Cat in the Hat shirt with a turtle neck under it, a pair of ripped black jeans, white forces and a little chain,

Marsai blinked rapidly, "Wow, you look..." She couldn't get her words out making you smirk, "Different?" You asked, flashing your gold bottom grill. Marsai nods, "Um—" She laughs nervously, "Yeah. A good different though." Marsai says. You nodded, smiling slightly when you felt Marsai embrace you again, "Damn, Sai Sai. It's only been three years, you act like it was forever." You mumbled, wrapping your arms back around the older girl.

Marsai nods into your chest, "I know, I-I just... we haven't been talking much over the past few years and it's been killing me." She admits making you frown, "I just missed you so much." Marsai laughs out, "You been my day one, right along with my parents. I need you, honestly. I just needed to feel you again." She says. You weren't going to lie and say that didn't make you feel a type of way because it did. Hearing that your best friend actually needed you lifted so much weight off of your shoulders, "Not gonna lie, I been missin you like crazy too, Sai Sai. I been missin you and missin havin you all to myself." You say, pulling back and looking Marsai in her eyes. You took notice on how the shorter girl shifted slightly, "You can't hog me anymore, Y/n/n." She laughs out, "That's selfish." Marsai says.

You shrugged, "Frankly, I don't give a damn." You stated, sitting down on the love seat in your makeshift studio room. Marsai sat down beside you, "How come you didn't tell me you produce music, bubba?" She asks. You shrugged, "Because, it was more so a hobby. I didn't think it was important." You said. Marsai places a hand on your leg, "You're damn good at it, though." She says.

You took the time to truly admire Marsai's features. She was truly a work of art, you just knew God took his time on her. Made her into a smart, independent, talented girl, "Y/n, why—?" You cut her off by pressing your lips against hers. You didn't know why you did it, it just felt right. Soon, you felt the shorter girl starting to kiss back. It started off as an innocent kiss, almost instantly turning into a more heated one. Marsai's grip on you leg got a little tighter, not a painful tight though. Your senses were almost overloading, you could've exploded right then and there when you heard the softest moan escape her throat.

You raised your hand to rest up under her chin, before gripping her neck. Almost on instinct, Marsai's hand shot up and grabbed your wrist. You knew if you kept this up, you might have claimed your best friend right on that couch so, you pulled back. Marsai blinks, "I-I..." She couldn't get her words out, "Yeah, ima definitely be selfish." You muttered as you stared at Marsai's starstruck face,

I just kissed my best friend