A Dying Planet

I'd like to give a big shoutout to ironboybooks and ThatEhhGuy for helping me out with this book. This story wouldn't be the way it is if it weren't for them helping me out big time. They really helped with putting the pieces together so go show them some love.

Krypton, an advanced society who had always treasured peace and prosperity, was the middle of a civil war. The Council, the great leaders of the planet, forsaken their people and lead to them collapse. An economic downturn, a planet rupturing from the inside, it was only a matter of time before people knew the truth, that the planet would not last much longer. It was only by the light of the Swords of Rao, a group dedicated to bettering Krypton, could the people of the planet be lead to glory.

Major (Y/N) Zod stood on a platform, looking up and seeing more drop ships coming into position. Troops from across the many guilds had rallied together, to overthrow the Council. (Y/N) breathed in heavily through his nose, looking his see his father, General Dru-Zod step forward followed by his own troops. Many bowed and knelt in presence of Dru-Zod, with (Y/N) placing a hand on his shoulder leaning his head down. All troops wore the symbol of the house they either served or belonged to, with many choosing to wear the sigil of House Zod out of respect. As the senior Zod passed the troops, they all rose in attention.

"Major" Dru said as he approached his son, with the younger rising and looking up at his father. "Good to see you decided to join the winning side" he smiled, placing a hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder. "What I do, I do for you, and all of Krypton" he said with a sincere smile turning to move his troops and cannons into position. (Y/N) was the son of the great General Zod, being 19 cycles old, he was quickly moving up the ranks of the military guild, as his father did before him.

(Y/N) looked on, as Council guards moved to halt the Swords of Rao only to be gunned down. Fear overtaking the young Kryptonian, he didn't believe in this tactic, their head to be another way. But (Y/N) trusted his father, he trusted his guidance.

"Into position" (Y/N) ordered the troops, as a ship moved overhead just above the door. General Zod had his trusted commanders, the warrior Faora and the behemoth that was Nam-ek by his side. Surrounded by dozen of troops, then suddenly, the weapons of the drop ship sprung to life. A flurry of blue energy erupted from the main cannons, blasting a hole clear through the thick metal door as the troops moved in to secure the area. The commanders and Major moved in, many blasts firing around them. Smoke was everywhere, although the well trained troops hit their mark against. For being the leaders of Krypton, the Council were not that well defended. A final blast ringing out from the side arm of (Y/N), as everyone moved into the Council chambers.

All 5 Council members were seated atop their golden thrones, with one man trying to reason with them, Jor-El. A lead scientist, friend to General Zod, and a figure of hope for (Y/N) and all of Krypton.

"This Council, has been disabled" the General called out, starring down Jor-El with daggers.

"On whose authority?" one of the Council members asked standing up from her steat in defiance. Looking to her other members to join her, but none did.

"Mine" General Zod answered, firing a single shot from his rifle which the Council directly in the chest. The Council woman fell back in her seat, slumped over dead, a big heat mark on her golden armour. "The rest of you will be tried and punished accordingly" he added, looking to Faora and (Y/N) nodding. While (Y/N) remained still, fear consuming him as he looked to the dead council member, Faora and her troops moved to arrest the other Council members, with (Y/N) turning to the argument between his father and Jor-El.

"What're you doing, Zod?" Jor asked as he marched up to the General. "This is madness" he declared.

"What I should have done years ago" Dru responded as more of the troops flooded in. "These lawmakers, with their endless debates. Have lead to Krypton to ruin!" he exclaimed, as Faora moved to arrest a Council member. The member falling to the ground and his headwear falling as well, scurrying out of fear with a weapon pointed to his head.