You Are Not Alone

(Y/N) awoke, and instantly grasped at his throat and fresh air filled his lungs. So many years locked away in stasis hadn't his body any justice as he fell to his knees and took deep heavy breaths. He fell to a metal floor and began coughing violently as his memories struggled to piece themselves together.

"Breath my son" a voice called out, kneeling and and a hand was placed on (Y/N)'s shoulder as a small amount of blood was coughed up. "You're body is adjusting" and this voice which (Y/N) recognised to be his father. (Y/N) closed his eyes tight as he adjusted his senses, frozen for so long meant that his body was essentially thrown in an ocean and expected to swim.

"F-f-father?" (Y/N) barley managed to speak as his vision slowly returned to normal. The metal plates below his feet slowly centred and he wasn't seeing doubles. "H-how long?" (Y/N) made a fist against the floor, concentrating on the cold sensation to stabilise himself. It seemed to work, as the ringing in his ear began to die down.

"You have been in stasis for just over three decades my son" Dru-Zod stated as (Y/N) slowly rose to his feet. His legs shaking as he faltered backwards.

"Krypton?" (Y/N) questioned holding his head and brushing a hand through his hair. "What has become of our planet?" he finished. Actually managing to stand up straight.

"Krypton" General Zod said emotionless looking down. "Has been destroyed, shortly after we were sentenced to damnation" Dru continued as he turned and look through a window, overlooking the vast emptiness of space. They were in a mostly blank room, which looked as if its only purpose was to hold (Y/N).

"Destroyed?" (Y/N) asked, almost not understanding the very words his father and General was saying. "How can that be? By who's hands?" (Y/N) demanded, tears welling up in his eyes as everything he had ever known, was gone.

"By the councils of course, they're hypocrisies and unwillingness to change. They stripped Krypton until it imploded on itself" Dru stated as the ship they were stationed in, most likely the Black Zero drifted and turned. "But all is not los my son" Dru said, turning to face his son. "We have recovered much".

"We? Father, General I do not understand, why have I remained in stasis for so long?" (Y/NO asked taking a step forward.

"Because as a Father I could not bare you to witness the horrors we found, on far off outposts we found nothing but death. But I also kept you in stasis, as your General, it was a punishment. Trapped in an eternal slumber with your thoughts, almost compared to death." Dru said sternly, taking a loud step forward as his metal armour clanked against the floor. "It was under your watch, that Jor-El managed to escape, and due to your incompetence, he managed to steal the Codex".

"General I-" before (Y/N) could respond, something hit him across the face, sending him to the ground, landing on the same shoulder he had sustained an injury on from that rifle blast. The shoulder sent pain spiking through him, the shoulder most likely scared and battered.

"YOU LET JOR-EL STEAL THE CODEX!" Dru shouted, down at his son who has holding his shoulder groaning. But Dru could himself off, placing both arms behind his back and turning back to face the display shield of space. "But all is not lost. We have located the son of Jor-El, on this pathetic, planet" the Black Zero then turned fully revealing a big blue marble of a planet. (Y/N) looked on in awe as he saw an entire planet, blue, white, green all clashing together but somehow looking like an exotic plant at the same time. It gave off an almost calming aura, much different to the technological one that Krypton gave off. "We have located not only Kal-El, but an ancient Scout Ship that didn't fulfil its purpose, much like you didn't fulfil yours. We can rebuild what was lost" Dru added looking towards the planet.

"Rebuild?" (Y/N) asked, moving his shoulder slowly and holding his throat to capture his breath.

"We salvaged much from the old outposts, weapons, armour, but by far the greatest being a World Engine" those words were cursed. A World Engine, one of the most destructive  weapons ever conceived on Krypton. It had the power to terraform planets, shifting gravity, mass, down to the cellular level, mutating plant life to mimic that of Kryptons. "We the combination of the Codex, the Scout Ship and World Engine, Krypton can live once more".