Close Encounter of the Steel Kind

It's been 6 months, 6 months since Kal-El, Superman fell from the sky. Cut down but a hellish demon bred by Lex Luthor. While in other times Earth would fall into despair, chaos, and hopelessness, but here, on this Earth, it had a new Superman. A Superman who would do his best to carry on the legacy of his deceased brother, and by the light that would shine in the darkness. This Superman was Y/N Kent. 

Currently this Superman was floating in orbit, eyes closed and soaking in the rays of he sun. Y/N did his best to listen in on everything that was happening, his super human hearing beaming from country to country. There was so much terror, crime on the rise, he couldn't stop it all....but he can be there to help nonetheless. Superman rocketed downwards into the atmosphere, both fists forward and to the naked eye he would look like a meteorite crashing into the planet. 

As Superman descended into the clear blue skies made sure to maintain his speed to a certain point where he could be seen by planes and commercial aircraft. Passing one, many people rushed to the windows in hopes of seeing Superman flyby. He gave a two fingered salute, and he then turned downwards into Keystone City. Coming to a halt just above the tallest skyscraper, Superman homed in on the noise once again. Gunfire, a single bullet ricocheting off metal, screams erupting and Superman headed over to the location of the show. 

A man, man with with greasy hair, growing beard unkept, his clothes were clearly creased although they did appear to be smart with a suit and tie. The man had a hostage, gun aimed at a poor woman's head with tears flowing down her face. They backed up to an alley with a brick wall behind them, a line of police was in front of them. And press behind the police. By the panic on the polices side, one of them tried to get a shot on the man, which seemed to have failed. 

"Please sir, no one needs to get hurt. Just lower the gun" the police chief called out through an amplifier. Several SWAT members held shields at the ready, further escalating the situation. They were only making it worse, the man was getting nervous and his trigger finger twitching. 

"Look up there" a member of the press called out, many turning their gaze towards Superman who slowly descended in front of the police.  Many cameras blazed and whispers began to flutter. 

"Let me handle this" was all Superman whispered to one of the cops who seemed to freeze with his nerves flaring. "I'm not gonna let you hurt anyone" Superman said raising his hands. "And I'd rather you not get hurt either" he clarified stepping forward. 

The man was drenched in sweat, he swung his gun forward with it aiming at Superman. "S-stay back" he warned. 

"You know what happens when people shoot a Superman right?" he said, stepping closer but his voice was gentle and soothing. He didn't want to scare the man, just calm him down. 

"Stay Back!" the man repeated the gun now shaking with the metal rattling. 

"They tend to waste their bullets" Superman finished, he came to a stop. His chest about half a metre away from the gun. 

"I said stand back, I WILL SHOOT!" the man roared, the gun shaking even more now. 

"You don't want to do that" Superman began. "You haven't hurt anyone yet. You can still surrender. You can serve time, because you're going have to do time. But you can do it with integrity" Superman carried on, his face soft and showing that he truly cared for the well being of this man he just met. 

"They'd put me away for years!" the man shouted, worry and panic still visible on his face. 

"For what you've done, a few. But less if you give up without pulling the trigger. You'll have the rest of your life ahead of you" it seemed the little speech Superman was giving, was getting through to the man. His eyes and face slowly calming and shaking of the gun started to stop ever so slightly. "Make the right choice, please" Superman added, walking straight up until the barrel of the gun was directly on his chest.