War of the Supermen

(Y/N) breathed heavily as he managed to pry open his eyes and study his surroundings. The sound of footsteps, running, loud mechanical noises flooded his ears as he realised the protective shield was offline. The young Kryptonian immediately held his ears and winced as it was painful taking everything in all at once. The young man opened his bloodshot eyes as he tried to focus on one thing, a voice cutting through the madness of these sounds. 

"Try and relax", the voice echoing through (Y/N)'s mind as he closed his eyes tightly and did exactly that. Soon enough, (Y/N) focused on one sound, the voice of the man right in front of him. As his vision cleared and became less blurry, (Y/N) could see that it was in fact Kal-El and they were on some make shift military installation, with quite a few soldiers surrounding them. "Are you alright?" Kal asked sincerely. 

"Yes, I'm, I'm fine" he stuttered, holding his head as he wiped dried blood off his forehead. 

"You mind telling us why you were ejected from the ship?" another man asked, stepping into view. He was clearly some person of authority, or military commander. "You were part of the attack on Smallville. You put innocent lives in danger, and you look live you've taken a truck to the face when none of our weapons could scratch you" he went on, folding his arms and sitting on a nearby table. 

"General Zod, my um, father" that statement seemed to catch everyone off guard. "He's gone made, he's unleashed the World Engine, he wishes to annihilate every life form on Earth" (Y/N) cried. 

"We already know that" the military man said, "We want to know why you left the ship. Scout out where to attack next?".

"No, I tried to stop the General" he said, finally getting the attention of the two men and the human woman from before, standing in the distance. "I tried to reason with him, that sacrificing all life on Earth was too high a cost. Even for the resurrection of Krypton" he let out. "I forcefully tried to remove him from power, but as you can see" he waved a hand in front of his face. "It didn't really go too well".

"You know you should be in chains and locked away in the darkest hole on Earth" the military lieutenant angrily said, though it appeared he managed to contain himself. "But you saved lives in Smallville, and we could use all the help we can get" he finished as (Y/N) a massive plane in the distance, slowly being loaded with the Pod that brought Kal-El to Earth. 

(Y/N) could slowly put the pieces together in his head. "You're going to use the Phantom Drive in the Pod, and send them back into the Phantom Zone" he then looked to Kal, "Aren't you?"

Both Kal and the red haired woman then looked at each other with Kal speaking up. "It's the only way to them all. You saw what those two did in Smallville, even if the terraforming is stopped. They'll be unstoppable" Kal said, the sounds of people in the background indicating that the large plane was ready for take off. 

(Y/N) looked down at his wrists, that were being held together by metal handcuffs. The former Major stood, and easily snapped his hands apart breaking the restraints. The lieutenant and Kal seemed to flinch and ready themselves, "How can I help?" was all (Y/N) asked. 

The plan was simple, while Kal-El would use his abilities to tear the World Engine apart. (Y/N) would remain with the Pod, ensuring that everything went smoothly. The human woman, who (Y/N) learned was named 'Lois Lane' would accompany the Pod, along with the lieutenant a professor, and several military men. 

"You might wanna take a few steps back" Kal warned everyone. With a smile, Kal-El immediately flew into the air at super sonic speeds. A shockwave was produced as he broke the sound barrier  and jetted off towards the World Engines location. 

"I have got to learn how to do that" (Y/N) muttered to himself, as he and the others boarded the jet. Ready to undergo their mission. 

The fight took an hour, at the time all (Y/N) did was lean against the side and kept his eyes closed. Each passing moment, (Y/N) opened up his senses just a little bit more. Beginning by focussing on the whispering throughout the aircraft, how they talked about him and saw him as nothing more than an asset and a threat. Next (Y/N) focused on the engines of this primitive human vessel, turbines, natural gas, all combined and helped them achieve flight. They still has much to learn in terms in flight, especially if they wanted to expand. While (Y/N) did his best, he couldn't hone in on the World Engine that was on the opposite side of the planet. There was just so much noise, it he couldn't get through to it.