Unfit for Service

The flight back to the Black Zero was silent. Faora was regaining consciousness still even then, she simply looked at (Y/N) with a knowing smirk. The first conflict of this War had ended, arguably in victory for Earth and Kal-El. As they drove the invaders back and held their ground against all odds. Throughout the whole flight, (Y/N) kept his eyes glued to the metal floor. The faces of the Earthlings were stuck in his mind, floating around like a haunting nightmare. The looks of fear, the screams the burning, it made the young Kryptonian sick to his stomach. Only the deep sound of Nam-Ek breathing could be heard throughout the whole flight. The troops regrouped with General Zod aboard the Black Zero's bridge. 

"What happened down there?" the lead scientist Jax-Ur inquired. 

"He exposed a temporary weakness" the General replied as all troops marched onto the bridge. 

"It is of little consequence" Jax-Ur replied. "Because I have located the Codex" he stated, shocking all who heard it. (Y/N)'s eyes widened in shock, fearing the worst. "It was never in the capsule" a screen behind Jax showed the skull which previously housed the Codex. "Jor-El took the Codex, the DNA of a billion people and he bonded it with his son's individual cells. All of Krypton's heirs, living, hidden inside one refugees body" he finished. 

'Must've acquired this through the blood he sampled from Kal-El' (Y/N) thought to himself as he saw his father look towards the yellow sun. (Y/N) could only admit to himself, there was something relaxing about this sun, his body felt at peace soaking in its glow. 

"Does Kal-El need to be alive for us to extract the Codex from his cells?" the General asked. 

"No"

(Y/N) took in a sharp breath through his nose, as he knew what his father's next step will be. And he needed to stop him. 

"Brainiac" he called out, and a pattern of three circles appeared on the screens. The AI that was originally designed to catalogue information, but had been reprogrammed. "Release the-" Dru was cut off mid sentence. 

"Father" (Y/N) accidentally yelled slightly loudly so all of the bridge would know of his objection. Dru turned around looking down at his son as the General was elevated. 

"Major, you speak out of turn" General Zod replied harshly, any child would know the tone of voice this father was putting on. "You have something to add, do you wish to give the command?" he jokingly asked, causing a few smirks to creep up throughout the room. 

"I beg you, to reconsider this. These Earthlings, they did not ask for this war" (Y/N) tried to state, taking a step forward and he could feel every solider tense up ready to act in defence of their leader. 

"You speak for them?" Dru responded, placing both arms behind his back. "You were on their planet but what, a few hours and yet you feel pity for them?"

"I do, I have seen the look of fear. The doom we spread with only a fraction of our troops, they are children, families, billions on that planet and you intent to slaughter them all!" (Y/N) yelled, stomping a foot into the ground creating a loud metallic clang. 

"There is too much of your mother in you. I do this-" Dru stepped forward, placing a hand on his sons shoulder. "For your future, for that all of Krypton may have a future, that our people may live again" he reasoned. 

Shocking Dru, (Y/N) angrily shook his shoulder getting the hand off of it. "A Krypton built on bones and ash, that isn't what I fought for. You speak of genocide, the slaughter of billions" (Y/N) said back, the air getting tense. "There are countless worlds out there, ones where we could live without harming innocent life forms"

"We have not the time, nor the resources to find another planet. Yet again you forget your place" Dru then nodded towards Nam-Ek who began to march towards (Y/N). "Perhaps a few more decades in stasis shall change your stance" Dru finished, thinking the matter had been resolved.