Smallville Showdown

General and Major Zod watched as Kal-El struggled against the mind probing. The elder Zod projected himself into El's mind, the plans for Earth and its people. (Y/N) himself was in deep thought, the people of this planet seemed peaceful enough, everything tranquil, but the people of Krypton need a home.

"You seem troubled my son" Dru called out, moving around to be at Kal's side. "Has your visit to the planet had an effect on you?".

"These humans, they seem so much like us. Their society, has only started to blossom. Why must we tear that away from them?" he asked, like a child wanting answers when they find something they don't understand. Hoping a parent can clear up the confusion.

"If I learned anything from my years of Military campaigns, the Daxamite rebellion, the Last Great War, even Doomsdays come and go. But one thing I do know, is that Krypton must live, no matter the cost" Dru stated, looking up at his son.

"Even at the cost of billions? Why must we live and they die?" (Y/N) asked, flailing his arms around slightly.

"Are you questioning your position Major?" Dru stated angrily, getting in the face of his son. "Perhaps a few years back in stasis will allow you to reconsider your views".

"Forgive me General" (Y/N) muttered looking down at the ground. "I spoke out of term" he added, daring not to raise his head.

"Make sure it does not happen again" the General warned. It appears that Kal-El had awakened, as he tried to break through the bonds he was held down with, the two Zods turning their attention to the Son of El. "Your father acquitted himself with honour Kal" the elder Zod said while looking down at Kal.

"You killed him?" the Earth raised Kryptonian asked, his face hoping that it wasn't the case.

"I did, he attacked my son. But not a day goes by where it doesn't haunt me" Dru said solemnly, causing (Y/N) to continue looking down. "But if I had to o it again, I would. I have a duty to my people, to my family. And I will not allow anyone to prevent me from carrying it out" Zod stated as he began to leave the room. "Major with me, we shall descend to the planet, and reclaim the Codex" he said. Getting his son to follow him like a dog would its master.

Two dropships left the Black Zero, the first carrying the two Zods, Commander Faora and Nam-Ek. The second would provide support, carrying reinforcements if they are needed. They burst through the atmosphere racing towards where Kal-El had grown up on this planet. (Y/N) stayed quiet throughout the whole flight, the way this mission has gone, the side to his father he had never seen before, it was almost haunting. The first dropship touched down on a field of green, two medium sized structures were present, and an elderly woman emerged from the house. The squadron of Kryptonians moving out to meet them. From the information extracted from Kal-El, this was his Earth mother.

General Zod took the lead while approaching the woman. "The craft he arrived in, where is it?" he tried to be civil.

"Go to hell" she insulted.

Dru Zod didn't even have to say anything, Faora walked up and grabbed the woman by her neck and easily lifted her into the air choking her to extract the information. (Y/N) took a slight step back as he saw the struggle and pain the woman was going through, the same pain he saw on the citizens of Krypton. The woman luckily saved her herself, her eyes darting over to the large red structure. Faora instantly threw the woman aside, (Y/N) wanting to move and check on her but his father was watching him closely.

Faora then leaped high in the air, higher than anyone even herself was expecting. It was amazing, this planet really was changing them. Faora crashed through the building and went to loom for the Codex. (Y/N) stood in amazement, taking in what had just happened. he looked down at his own hands and couldn't believe it, was he capable of such feats?