Chapter 13

Yn's P.O.V.
It has been only a month since August went to rehab. I didn't think I would miss him as much until now. The facility he's at wants their patients to focus on themselves and don't want visitors as they assume they will be triggered to do old habits. I pray every night that when he's ready to come home that he's a changed man. I hope we can work past this. We've been through more than a lot. But I will say this time away has given me a chance to focus on me. I've been going to the gym, killing it in the modeling industry, and even got a brand new car. Things have been going good. I haven't heard anything from Lucas but one phone call. He and his biological mother are getting along and are safe in Atlanta. I'm supposed to go see them soon but they've been focused on Lucas getting to know his whole family. I miss him so much. Other than that I haven't heard from Jordan or Chresanto since they got back from Miami. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But, I guess things happen. Right now I'm just getting off of a late night at my job. We had this huge photoshoot for Fashion Nova and Fenty we had to pull a whole day together. As I'm walking to my car I see someone standing by it. It's Daniel. I forgot about him.

Yn: um hey?

Daniel: Hey Yn (hugs) how are you?

Yn: I'm good...uhhh what are you doing here it's late?

Daniel: I was driving around, saw your car and thought I drop by.

Yn: Oh well that's good. I was just heading home.

Daniel: Oh and I was wondering if I could hang with you. You know we haven't hung out in a minute.

Yn: Uhh... Sure. I hope you're hungry I'm cooking just spaghetti but I'm sure I have enough to make for the two of us.

Daniel: Two? I thought you would've had a man by now.

Yn: What's that supposed to mean?

Daniel: No disrespect I just remembered you was maybe gonna work it out with your ex.

Yn: I'll explain when we get to my house.

Fast forward to your house....

Daniel: (walking in) Nice place you got.

Yn: Thank you. You can make yourself comfortable. I just have to throw on some clothes.

I walk upstairs to go change. Sweatpants and a T-Shirt it is. I walk downstairs and I get in the kitchen to start cooking. I see Daniel followed me and sat on my island.

Daniel: So, you like being alone

Yn: Yeah if it gives me peace

Daniel: Yeah I can see that. But do you wish to at least have a dog or somebody?

Yn: I got me. That's all I need.

Daniel: I understand.

Yn: Yeah, how's it dealing with Ma passing for you?

Daniel: I take one day at a time. Mornings is tough because you know how she always did a big breakfast for us?

Yn: lol yeah she always did and crack the funniest sassy lines about our relationship!

Daniel: Oh yeah she was like 'You better not be popping babies because I'm not mother goose'.

Yn: Oh my gosh I remember that lol! Yeah good times

Daniel: Yeah good times. I can't say I did miss you a lot after you left.

Yn: You mean after you replaced me.

Daniel: I never replaced you. You think I replaced you?

Yn: (stirring the pot) I don't know what you call catching your man with another woman.