Chapter 10

Daniel's P.O.V.
Little does Yn know this dinner is gonna be at my house.  I made some Mac and cheese with cornbread and chicken for her because I remember that was her favorite of my mom's meals she cooked.  For me I made my baked fish with a side of string beans.  I start setting up the dinner making everything perfect.  She's done so much for me and I had to repay her some how. After 15 minutes she finally came down.  All I can think of is wow... why is she so beautiful.

Yn- What?

I guess she saw me staring.

Daniel- You just look so beautiful.

Yn-(blushes a little) Thank you.  Um so when are we leaving?

Daniel- Actually we having dinner here.  I made some food for you.

Yn- No seriously when are we leaving.

Daniel- Why you say that?

Yn- Since when do you know how to cook?

Daniel- (pulls chair out for Yn to sit down) Well once I stopped making music I had a lot of opportunities to discover new things about myself.  Such as...cooking.

She gives me a giggle and I walk around the counter to pull out the plates i made out of the oven.

As I set them down her eyes widen.

Yn- Wow everything looks good.

Daniel- Well, let's eat.

I take a bite and so does she.

Yn-mmm...Daniel this is really good.

Daniel- See I told you lol.

Yn- It's just like how Ma used to make it...almost.

Daniel- Oh yeah no one can beat my momma in cooking.

Yn- yeah she's the best.(sips wine)

Daniel-Can I ask you something? And feel free to not answer if you don't want to.

Yn- Sure.

Daniel- What made you change your mind about the scenes we had to do for the music video?

Yn-(Sips wine) I wanted to do it because it was just dancing and it was for the video more so my boyfriend was the issue.

Daniel- Oh I understand so he came through when he found out you were getting paid?

Yn- No he cheated.

Daniel- What?

Yn-(sips wine) I called him at that time to talk about it with him and I guess the bitch got his phone and I heard them...you know.

Daniel- Omg Yn you don't deserve that.

Yn- Yeah a lot of things I don't deserve but it's whatever(sips wine)

Daniel- No I'm serious...I know back in the past I was fucking up and everything but you know I really think your special.

Yn- That's what they all say...I think I just need me and myself and that's just how it should remain that way.

Daniel-Well I wouldn't say that?

Yn- Look nigga if you trying to be them corny movie moments where you say "It doesn't have to be this way you still found me...(gco)

Daniel- lol no I was gonna say you're never alone and you know that. That's where society is crazy.  You're in love with the idea of being in love. Any guy that shows you attention or affection you get attached.  Was that the case with Jordan...no I think what it is you're trying to replace Jordan.

She looks at me dumbfounded as if I said some stupid shit... Which I kind of did.

Yn- No...Not at all...Jordan did me wrong.

Daniel- How?

Yn- He hit me, he cheated on me, and he accused me of cheating when I wasn't, and wouldn't let me free basically getting his friends to spy on me.

Daniel- Ok and what happened after that?

Yn- I went with this guy named Chresanto who took care of me and did nothing wrong to me.

Daniel- But, did you love him or cared about him to even you know start something with him?

Yn- ...No I mean he was there for me but like I told him I didn't fall for him because he was there.

Daniel- You're right so after Chresanto was August?

Yn- I was introduced and we clicked I even got pregnant by him but I really did care about him Daniel believe it or not.  Even after he hurt me after he was under the influence when we lost the child.

I can already tell at this point Yn is drunk.  She would never open up to me about all of this because when we were together she knew hearing anything about her being in pain irked my soul. But, I wasn't there and what happened happened there's nothing I can do about it now but now I just want to be there for her in a friendly way.

Daniel- Let me guess...You went to Jordan about it?

Her head hung low.

Daniel- Yn think about it...Jordan did everything because he loves you him cheating was because he saw you with someone and he settled for less because you wouldn't give him another chance.  Chresanto didn't connect with you because he was just there.  He clicked with you because Jordan wasn't there.  August was a person you got close because you didn't know him well enough as you thought I believe.  Think about it... You're still in love with Jordan.

After she heard that she broke down crying.  I've never seen her like this since I cheated on her.

Yn-(crying and hugging Daniel) You're Right!! I miss him we were so good together everything was good, we was good, he was my everything!!

I lift her head up...she's drunk as a skunk.  I lift her up bridal style and take her in my bed. I lay and cuddle up beside her. I can't stand seeing her like this.  She loves that man and I have to respect it.  But, she can't drive like this hopefully in the morning she can calm down. I'm not gonna sleep with her that's not my character but I can't let her be by herself.