Chapter 22: New Faces and Information

It's been a few days since the press conference and Stark is already all over. Not much else has happened lately.

"Daniels." I heard through the comm. I stood up and grabbed my gun and two knives, slipping them into their holsters.

"Mission?" I asked.

"Yeah. Pack a bag. It's undercover." I nodded and they ended the transmission. I started stuffing things in my bag that would look casual. I packed four pairs of skinny jeans, sweats, five tank tops, a hoodie, sweatshirt, running shoes, and sneakers. I also grabbed my gym bag and lugged them to the control room.

"Sir?" I set my things down and stood waiting for a briefing.

"We suspect a large underground arms and drug deal is going down. Drug lords trading with a local gang. We don't know the when or where, but we do know it'll be in the next month or two." He showed pictures of people from he gang and I nodded. "Wheels up in five." I continued to the elevator. I saw Agent Hill walking towards it with her face in a StarkPad.

"Watch yourself. Don't wanna run into anyone, do we?" I asked her smirking.

"Very funny, Daniels. Good luck on this op. Could last a while." She said as the elevator started rising.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Just be safe out there. Don't try to kill yourself." she smirked as she walked out of the now open doors.

"Oh, and thanks for the suit earlier." She turned and smiled to me while walking backwards. The doors closed and I waited for the doors to open on the roof to get to my ride. They opened and I waltzed to the helicopter.

"James." I greeted.

"Daniels." He nodded.

"Good luck on this one." He smiled.

"Thanks. I was always good with acting." I grinned at him. I climbed into the cockpit and put on the headphones. We flew for a little bit until curiosity got the best of me. "Why did everyone wish me luck?" He turned to me and smiled.

"Well this is your first solo, isn't it?" He questioned. I thought about it.

"Kind of." I replied a minute later. "I always used to go on solos before this." He nodded. I continued to stare at all of the scenery passing by. "Where are we going anyways?" I asked. "Fury never really mentioned it."

"Santa Monica." My jaw dropped a little.

"Seriously? Like... for real?" I asked.

"Yeah... is that a problem?" I sighed in frustration.

"Yes! I was just there. Well, about ten or fifteen minutes away, but it still counts." I huffed. "And since when do they get gangs and drug lords hanging around in Santa Monica?"

"Well, they start out in LA, but something happens and they make their way to Santa Monica." I nodded and turned my attention back to the window. It went quiet again after that. The scenery changed from suburban areas to mountain then the finer communities. Finally we arrived to a hospital and the helicopter landed with a light jolt. I took off the headphones and I stepped out of the copter.

"Good luck!" Agent James yelled over the sound of the propellers and engine. I turned to him and he had a smile directed at me as well as a wink. I smirked back and waved. I stood watching the vehicle fly over the mountains and disappear. I waked to the roof door that was next to the elevator and climbed the five or so stories downward.

I tried to look as inconspicuous as I could. I had done nothing wrong, but I had weapons in my bags and if I was stopped for anything, then that could be a problem.