Chapter 9: The Point?

I pulled the IV out of my left hand and tried to get out of the bed. I started to feel dizzy, my ears ringing. I was blinking rapidly trying to get the blackness to leave my sight. I felt two hands on my shoulders and the bed underneath me. I felt my head being laid on the pillow and the small, barely notable prick in my hand. After about five minutes my vision cleared but my ears were still ringing. I brought my hands to my ears and tried to bring silence to me. I looked up and saw a panicked Tony and Coulson.

I saw their mouths moving, but no words were registering in my head. Tony reached his hand towards me and I flinched back. He pulled his hand back and started to say some more things. Slowly the ringing subsided and I got little bits of their conversation.

"-y? The drug is only supposed to effect the eyes. It's supposed to cause hallucinations." Tony said now typing on a tablet.

"Maybe They did something to her... And how did you kno-" Coulson suggested. I only shook my head at this, cutting him off.

"The- they didn't do anything like that." I said crossing Them off the list. They hadn't done anything to alter my head... Right?

"What happened? Are you ok?" Coulson asked as he stepped towards me. I again, flinched back in response. I looked down at my hands and sighed.

"What does it seem like... I don't think I'll be 'Ok' for a while. I just- can you leave me for a moment? I just need to be alone." They both nodded and the three of them left. I sighed and just laid there, staring at the ceiling. After about ten minutes there was a knock on the door.

I grumbled out a 'Come in' and when I looked up my eyes widened with fear at what I saw. It was them. The people who hurt me the most.

The doctor and his assistant. I covered my mouth with my hands to suppress a scream that was trying to come out. I backed up and looked for a weapon. I saw one of the men who used to beat me regularly step out from behind the assistant. I saw a stethoscope and grabbed it. The man stopped, looking to the doctor and assistant for help.

The man started to speak, "You see what you've done. You have no idea the punishment your in for." The assistant took a walkie out and started to speak into that, but it was mumbled and not understandable. The doctor started to walk towards me. I took a quick breath in.

Then, if it couldn't get any worse, He walked in. The man who made me into who I am today. If it weren't for him, I'd probably be some preppy cheerleader, dressed in pink waiting for her boyfriend, the football team's quarterback. But I'd take that over this.

He started to yell at me. "Why are you so afraid? Huh? Do I... scare you?" he let out a slow, patronizing chuckle.

My breathing rate increased as he stepped forward. I let out a shaky breath.

"I'm not scared of you anymore. You may have hurt me, but I'm not going to sit there like the little coward I was."

His breath still smelled like alcohol, he still had scruff on his face, and he probably had the same filthy house.

"You don't understand do you? You cannot understand the fear that I see in your eyes now." I took a deep breath, I knew I had to get out of here. I slowly pulled the IV out of my hand.

"But that was ten years ago, and I'm a fucking fear inducer." I looked and saw the door was open. "And I don't get scared." I took the cup if water beside the bed and threw it at his face. His hands shot up to wipe them, and ducked under His legs and sprinted out the door.

The thing is though, the whole place was teeming with the people who have beaten me, abused me. I looked around at all the people. I ran straight for the exit. When I got out, I saw the person I least expected to. Jase.