Chapter 19 Part 1: Problematic

"We've been here for a half hour, Phil. Something's probably-" I started but Phil timely cut me off.

"She's coming down the stairs now." He whispered to me. I looked up to see Miss Potts rushing down the steps in her four inch high heals. How she did this, I don't know. "Ms. Potts? We had an appointment. Did you forget about our appointment?"

"Nope, right now. Come with me." She said very rushed yet somewhat calm.

"Right now?" I asked as she started to walk towards us.

"We're going to have it right now. I'm going to give you the meeting of your life. Your office." She said very mono toned yet paranoid. I sped up to catch up to her quickened pace.

I walked out to the parking lot and got into the S.H.I.E.L.D. issued SUVs that Coulson drove here and guided Pepper to the cover office so we wouldn't give away our base's location.

After roughly fifteen minutes of non stop driving we got to the office building.

"Coulson go find a parking spot. I'll get Pepper situated." I said seeing no open spots.

"Ok. Go on in. Have George find a parking spot for her car." I hopped out and saw it was around five-ish. People should be leaving soon.

"Ms. Potts!" I shouted waving my hands at the car. She seemed distracted and very fidgety. She rolled down the window and I crouched down to the sports car's height. "I'll have George here park your car. I'll take you up to Pill's office." I said assuringly.

"Alright." She said and got out of the car. I guided her through the building and up the elevator to the thirty-second floor. We stepped into office five on the right hand side. The window had a perfect view of the Malibu ocean.

"Do you need anything? Coffee, tea..." I trailed off so she could answer.

"A computer will be fine." She said and I just brushed it off because she probably needed to show Phil something.

"Coming right up." I ran out of the room and a floor up. "Hey. Derek. I need a laptop pronto." I said with my hand held out. Moments later a laptop was placed in my waiting hand. I rushed back down the stairs to see Coulson walk out of the elevator.

"What's that for?" Coulson inquired.

"I dunno. She just wanted a laptop." I said simply. We walked into the office together and she looked back quickly. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked because of her twitchy-ness.

"If you give me thirty seconds on the laptop you'll find out." I set it down in front of her and started to type the passcode but she quickly brushed my hands aways. She plugged in a USB and instantly the computer was open and a few files were being downloaded. "This... This is why I'm so rattled. I ran into him as the drive was finishing downloading." She said shakily.

"Wait, what?" Coulson asked. Ms. Potts clicked a folder and a video popped up. She typed in translate and the video started to speak in English.

"You did not tell us that the target you
paid us to kill was the great Tony Stark." There was a man that had a sack over their head, who I'm guessing was Tony, and five men behind him. Two on each side and the man talking in the middle.

"As you can see, Obadiah Stane..." The man started out again.

"Oh, my God." Pepper said under her breath. "It still makes my spine crawl."

"... Your deception and lies
will cost you dearly." The man continued without skipping a beat. "The price to kill Tony Stark
has just gone up. So, what are we going to do about this?" The video stopped and the screen went black.