Chapter 10: An Explination

Ok so I got back from my mammoth trip yesterday and it was awesome. There was this zip line and I kept going upside down and it was so fun. On Monday We went kayaking and it was raining and all and I'm like 'well this is fun' and then ice starts to freaking fall from the sky! But it was still fun. The only thing is I got like zero sleep in those five nights... and there was this leader who was being all 'you can't do this, you can't do that' yet she was doing it herself. It was annoying. I'm sorry, this is going to be a short chapter cuz Id like to update today so... in with the story.

---------

Allie's POV

I woke with the felling of being kicked by fifty elephants at once. 'What happened?' I wondered. The memories came flooding back. The alcohol, the glass, the blood loss. I looked to my shoulder and the slice was still there. Why was I put here. I was good at St. Agnes. I never did anything worth the punishment. It's like when your in class and your taking notes and someone behind you starts talking and you get blamed and get benched for recess. I did nothing, but was getting the punishment for everything.

The man came into my room with the smell of alcohol radiating off of him. He walked towards me and said something along the lines of 'Get up, we have company.' He left the room and I got dressed in a nice pair of black jeans and a frilly dark blue long sleeved top. I pulled my hair in a half up do. My eight year old frame was small and slender. 'I wonder who He would have over?' I trudged down the hall, not wanting to see anyone at the moment. I heard the door and took an extra second to hide the bruises and cuts. I turned the corner and saw a woman that I faintly recognized.

"Hello Alexandra. My, it's been a while since I've seen you. You've grown a lot.... Oh! I'm sorry. I'm Sister Margaret. I was one of the care takers that works at St. Agnes." I nodded with the recognition that came with the name. I suddenly realized that He had cleaned up and there was no alcohol and the stench was gone.

"Hello Sister Margaret. It's a surprise to see you here." I said with fake joy, knowing that He would get mad if I said anything about anything.

"Yes, I called your father. He was happy that I was coming over. He said that he loves you very much." My stomach dropped at the last sentence. Loved me? That's the last thing be would say about me.

The night went on and Sister Margaret had to go back to the orphanage. "Good bye, Miss. Drive safely." I think that to this day that was the nicest thing I've heard from his mouth, even though this was far from meaningful. He pulled me back into the house with a tight grip on my right forearm. I bit the inside of my lip to keep from showing emotion.

"You did well tonight, Girl. This is why the night will be shorter than usual." He let go of me and raised his hand. "But that doesn't mean any less painful." With that he brought his hand down in a hard slap. One of the harder in the past year, probably from the absence of alcohol. I fell clumsily to the floor. He laughed and kicked me several times in the stomach. So many I started to cough up sprits of bright red blood.

I started to scream and thrash around when he kneeled beside me and started to run his hands over my body. This is the night the new neighbors came in and rescued me from the hell. Before anything could happen I heard sirens out side the house and pounding and yelling. Time seemed to slow as He hauled me into his shoulder and ran to the back.

"If you want to make it out alive, don't scream." I kept my mouth silent as he ran out the back door. He froze when the team of assault rifles' flashlights landed on him.

"Would you really shoot a little girl?!" he shouted. The police in front of him shared glances and looked back at us.

"Do it! Just take care of Him. Don't worry about m-" I was silenced by the man holding me. He held my chin in one hand and the top of my head in another.