Chapter 7: Interrogations

The door opened and Fury was sat at the other end of a metal table, a one way mirror on the wall to the right.

My heart started to beat violently inside of my rib cage, trying to break free. It looked the same. It looked exactly the same. But being in the same place for a year, you tend to remember it. I started to wheel the wheel chair back slightly. I had gotten into it in the hallway before I came in. I looked down and wouldn't push my self further.

"Ma'am, please come over here. I don't plan on hurting you." I looked up and the directors face was suddenly changed into the doctor that I'd first seen in the facility. I widened my eyes in fear while backing away slowly. It was like in the movies where people start to look like someone who died or something.

"That's all everyone wants to do, but if they don't... they somehow do..." I trailed off.

Stop being a bitch and suck it up. How are you this weak? I thought to myself. I needed to show them I wasn't some freakin damsel. I practically survived by myself for three years, I could do this.

I wheeled myself to the table and Fury leaned forward slightly. I flinched back a centimeter. I couldn't help it. It had become instinctive for having to do it for a year. He notice and leaned back in the chair.

"Now... this is going to be hard, but I'm going to need to know everything that happened. We still don't know who they are. We got a tip that they had some important information. We went in blind and found you there. To say that was a surprise is an understatement. We wanna know so we can help you." He says with his hands clasped together, resting on the edge of the metal tabletop.

I only slightly nodded and looked at him, my head slightly tilted. I lifted my head and my eyes wondered around the room, my mind in deep thought.

"Have... have you ever thought about yourself as one thing, but turned out to be another. Have you ever thought about what it's like to have you betray yourself?" I paused and looked at his blank, cool expression. He only barley gave me a nod in response, "Let me tell you something... it's the worst feeling. Knowing you could've done something different. I had a year to think about this, sir..." He had a look of something I can't figure out. Sympathy maybe? "I would be laying there, just thinking about hundreds upon thousands of ways I could have changed the outcome of my life." I looked to the table, the design it was cut in was suddenly intriguing.

"I understand that..." he trailed off and I realized what he was pushing. I suddenly cracked a small smirk and let out a short breath of disbelief.

"You guys are a group of an unknown amount of intelligence, and you can't find a match for my name. Can you?" He looked me dead in the eye.

"You're going to have to give us your information sometime." He said. I only responded with a simple eye roll.

"I'll give you a last name and a town. Ya?" He nodded at the one way glass and I continued. "Daniels, California... Well, if you want specifics, then that's gunna cost something." It was Fury's turn to roll his one good eye. I was only buying time. And if this worked, I could at least use some strength.

"And what would that be?" My mouth started to water at the thought.

"A week of dinners. I choose. First night, fried chicken... Second, steak. Third, sea food... Fourth... still need to figure that out. BUT... I still get a week." I started to crack my knuckles, contemplating wether to say it or not. "The food... that, umm... they gave me, should barley even be considered food." I doubted he would do this so I leaned back and waited for his response. He pondered this for a moment and pulled his phone like device out of his pocket. He was typing some things and the door opened after several minutes of us just staring at each other. A woman with an apron came in with a plate of fried chicken legs.