Chapter 23: A Lamborghini?

Picture of Lucas at the top.
~•~•~
"Darkness. When everything you know and love is taken away from you, so harshly, all you can think about is anger, hatred and even revenge. And no one can save you."

-Unknown
-----

I jolted up out of the bed panting. I turned to look at the clock to see the time.

"Five o'clock. Not bad. Two and a half hours of sleep." I mumbled, still wanting to sleep. I knew that the much wanted luxury would not be granted to me, so I slipped out of the covers. I pulled on a pair of gray leggings, a loose tank top, a beanie, and my running shoes. I rode the elevator to the lobby and proceeded to jog to the beach. Since no one was out, I had the opportunity to wear a tank top. No people meant no judging your scars, and that's just what I needed.

The sand that was littered on the sidewalk made my feet slide ever so slightly, and the breeze made my long hair wave from under my beanie. The sound of the waves crashing on the sand brought back so many memories I wasn't sure I wanted. I came to a stop at a tree and leaned against it for support and looked out at the water.

"Jase... I wish you could be with me here." I let out a light laugh. "We would- I would probably be in the water already, curtesy of you." I sighed and continued on my three mile jog. When I arrived back at my apartment I checked the time again.

"Six-thirty, really? I have to wait two and a half hours till coffee. I'll just grab breakfast, see how long that takes." I showered and changed into jeans and a sweater. Hey, I can be nicer dressed at times. I walked across the block to Jinky's.

"Welcome to Jinky's, how many?" The hostess grabbed a few menus.

"Just one please." I said quietly. She put down the other three menus and started walking to a corner.

"Okay right this way." I followed the short blonde to a table in the back corner. I mumbled a 'thank you' as she set my menu down and left. I scanned the menu and decided on pancakes.

"What would you like to eat?" The brunet waitress asked while pulling out a pad and pen.

"Uh, just the pancakes, please."

"And to drink?" She tilted her head, looking at me through her bangs.

"Just water, ma'am." She nodded and left. I sighed and looked throughout the small diner. No one was nervous or looking over at anyone, so no threats. I went to picking my nails, a bad habit I'd developed. I heard the bell above the door jingle, forcing my instincts to make me look up. Walking in was, none other than, Tony Stark. I rolled my eyes as he strolled over to me, not caring to take his sunglasses off.

"Stark." I growled. "You are going to blow my cover." I spat out between gritted teeth.

"Oh I'm fine thank you. And I know, I do look absolutely lovely today." He smiled at me. I rolled my eyes, yet again, at his childish behavior. "Don't worry. I have Jarvis keeping all service down. No phones work at all, same with cameras." I huffed at his genius response.

"Well what brought you here?" I asked.

"Well I was actually looking for you."

"And why is that?" I raised my eyebrows at his comfortable position.

"I wanted to talk to you about something" he said.

"Wait how did you even find me?" I asked.

"Tracking device." He said casually.

"You put a tracking device on me?!" I seethed.

"Yep." he answered calmly, like there was nothing wrong with the fact that he'd been tracking my every move since I last saw him.