I-I love you too

Naruto's point of view: 

I couldn't sleep with him holding on to me I wasn't as red as I was before. I pretended to be asleep to the point where he thought I was asleep. This is the most embarrassing position to be in! 

Time skip:

A little bit later I started to fall asleep when I heard Shikamaru say.

"This is such a drag, man," he muttered. "I love you Naruto," he mumbled falling asleep. My face turned a bright red again. Did he mean it. My heart started to jump and beat fast. D-did he really just say that? No way, I don't believe it. My heart was beating so fast. I didn't know what to think. Maybe he's just tired and was thinking of someone else. No I heard him say my name. W-why would he love me? The monster of the village? 

Shikamaru's point of view: 

Right after I had said that believing he was asleep I could feel his heartbeat racing. WAIT! He wasn't asleep!? I had just made the biggest mistake I could ever make. Well that depends on what he thinks of it. Now we are both wide awake and it's two in the morning. And there was only the light of the moon.

"D-did you really mean that?" I heard Naruto say. Great, now how do I answer him. "Your not just messing with me right?" he questioned. How do I answer him?

"Well, what do you think of it?" I immediately answered.

"I don't know, it made my heart race and now I'm all embarrassed," he answered. "And I feel this way when ever I'm around you like the smallest things make me embarrassed," he added. Every time he's around me? So he does feel the same way.

"But do you feel the same way? I mean like, do you? L-love me?" I added. I was embarrassed outta my mind my heart was racing. Waiting for his response.

"I-I think so," Naruto mumbled hiding his face. He was doing that cute thing again. I didn't know how to respond so it was silent. It was awkward again. Then I let go and let him sit up. We both sat up and faced each other. My back was facing towards the window and you couldn't see my face very well. Naruto's hair and eye's light up in the moonlight. He was beautiful, his blue eyes were sparkling and both of our faces were bright red. What am I supposed to say? We are both boys and this is considered unnatural in the village. But we aren't the first to like our own gender. 

"I guess what I'm supposed to say is," I paused for a moment. We are still young and naive.  But love starts when we are young. After all we are barely teenagers, we are just thirteen. I don't care, I'm gonna go for it. I grabbed Naruto's hand. "I know this is considered unnatural but as long as we have each other it doesn't matter, Naruto would you be willing to be... my boyfriend." I spoke, I was closing my eyes tight expecting the worst. I was prepared, I had taken the leap but whether I fell or not it didn't matter. 

" Why would you want to be with a monster like me?" Naruto answered. A monster? He wasn't a monster where did he get that idea. Then I remebered how the village treated him and what they called him, that's right they called him a monster but does he actually believe that?

"You're not a monster, your you and of course I would want to be with you. Its just a matter of would you want to be with me?" I replied. I never thought he was a monster.

"I would, I mean I am willing to be your boyfriend. But that would put you in danger too, but I don't know If I am willing to put you in danger. Ya' know the Akatsuki is after me and any other power hunger ninja after the nine tails." He replied.

"I wouldn't care if I was in danger as long as I'm with you. And I could protect you, I would always protect you. I'll follow you into any fire." I know it was cheesy but I meant every word of it. "Plus my life would be less of a drag if I was with you." I added and I grabbed his other hand.

"Then I would love to be your boyfriend," He said as he jumped up and hugged me. I wasn't a fan of hugs but from him, I loved them. 

Naruto's point of view:

I felt warm hugging him not just the physical warmth I felt warm in my heart. Is this what it's like to be loved? I hugged him tighter, when he hugged me back I felt butterflies. This was the best day or I should say night ever. But little did we know this would all end in a matter of hours.