It'd be a drag

Shikamaru's point of view:

"D-do you still love me?" Naruto said holding himself up with the side of the couch. "Like you did back then?" He had a sad expression on his face and he was looking away avoiding eye contact. It tore me apart to see him like that, clenching his fists and in pain. I never want to see him like that again.

"You really are an idiot, of course I still love you." I started walking over to him and held his chin. He flinched whenever something touched him which I hated. I held his face and leaned over to see eye to eye with him. He was all flustered and blushing he was so cute. "The question is do you still love me?" I teased.

"Of course I do you were the only bit of hope for me in that hell." He was bright red our faces were so close and he was avoiding eye contact. His fists unclenched and he relaxed a bit more color started to show through his depressed eye. It made me smile thinking that even if it was a little I still helped him a bit more. But that reminded me of how I found him, chained and bound in that cage. Left with poor food and water that was contained in a bottle. His face that was lit up by that torch and how hurt he looked his eyes filled with pain. He was bound like a dog in that cage. Anger started to flow inside of me. 

"I was so worried about you, I swear I'll do everything in my power to protect you." I stated holding his face. He flinched. He always flinched with every touch or loud sound. Just what did they do to the knucklehead ninja? I have always known Naruto as the brightest and toughest person.  I started to look at his lips there's were cuts and bite marks on his lip. Anger tried to consume me, only the worst of thoughts flowed into my mind. Did they? No, no, no, please let these thoughts be mistaken. Instead of asking a straight forward question like I would to other people I decided to start with which one of the bitches touched Naruto in the places they shouldn't have. "Naruto? Who did this?" I asked my voice changed to a serious voice. I had to remain calm or I could frighten Naruto. Whoever was doing it was not gentle at all. Whoever did this forced him onto Naruto. There wasn't any sign of whoever that did this of being gentle. I noticed how hard it was for him to stand with his legs trembling. So I gently grabbed his wasit helping him stand. He flinched with every touch yet again. I rubbed his lip gently with my thumb in a caring way. Naruto didn't answer and looked away. "Please tell me, I care about you and I'm already mad that you were taken away from me." 

Naruto's point of view:

His touch was gentle and caring rubbing the marks on my lip. He helped me stand but we were in an awkward position which made my face turn to look like a tomato. I had butterflies in my stomach but I hated the fact that I flinched with every touch. I didn't mean to, I didn't want to flinch. I didn't know how to answer him. I was afraid he'd think I was cheating. He probably did.

"I-I swear I didn't cheat, I didn't want him to but I couldn't get free of his grip." I said as another tear started down my face. I had been in this type of situation before being questioned like that time with Sasuke when he was tried to get me to tell him how my special person was. But he was harsher more forceful.

"I know, calm down, I can tell by just looking at the scars. Did this person do anything else to you?" He said with gentle yet angry words.

"Well, er- no. Kurama didn't allow it." I said looking back at him. Hopefully knowing that Kurama protected me would calm him down. Shikamaru was always known as a calm person and finding things to be a drag but he was so thoughtful and gentle with me.

"Kurama?" He asked.

"The nine-tailed fox, thats his name." I stated trying a smile. It was a little tough trying to smile again. I hadn't smiled in so long, I didn't have any reason to.

"Thank goodness," he started to tremble while removing his hands from my waist to hug me. I had forgotten what a hug felt like. It was warm, happy, and kind. I stopped leaning on the table and hugged him back I almost fell during the process but he caught me. I truly was home this wasn't a dream. "I love you," Shikamaru whispered in my ear. It sent chills down my spine. "You tired? You could sleep in my bed and I could sleep on the couch." He pointed while letting a yawn escape.

I squeezed him tighter. "I don't want to be separated again." I said with a slight crack in my voice. I hated thinking of being separated again now that I finally was free.

"I know me either, but your wounds-," I cut him off saying.

"I don't care it'd hurt me more if I slept on the couch knowing your close and I can't be close to you." I trembled at the thought and he held me closer.

"It'd be a drag, if I fought with you about it so I'll let it pass this time." He whispered in my ear.

Shikamaru's point of veiw:

It wasn't a wise choice with his wounds but I hate to admit it but he was right it would hurt me too if we did sleep apart. So I gently carried him bridal style being as delicate as I could with the damaged boy in my arms. I couldn't help but worry about his health, he was so light and he had scars everywhere. I knew that most of the scars would leave a mark and won't fully disappear which made me bring him closer to me and he seemed to notice. 

"I'm gonna murder them," I whispered to myself. Naruto looked starved and beaten and I hated how he was treated. He would flinch with every touch, he had scars and bite marks on his lips and neck which he hid before with his fishnet shirt. I wanted to murder everyone and anyone who would do this to someone. Especially Naruto, who used to dream of being Hokage. He was known as the most unpredictable ninja because anytime someone doubted him he would prove them wrong. He used to be so annoying and hyper, heck he never ran out of energy and didn't allow himself to get pushed around. But now he was skinny, shy, he'd flinch with any movement, his eyes were filled with pain, and he wasn't hyper anymore. He barely had anything to say. I needed to bring back the Naruto I knew. As I opened the door Naruto was fast asleep in my arms. He was leaning against me and holding onto my shirt. I lied him down and covered him up and lied next to him. He turned around and pressed his head into my chest curling himself up in a ball and holding my arm. I petted the little blondes head and put my hand over him. I rubbed his hand on my arm as he relaxed. His breathing slowed and his grip started to loosen. "I'll do everything in my power to protect you so you won't have to go through that again." I leaned over and kissed his forehead.