03.

the beach pt2.

taehyun watched as beomgyu smiled as his feet made contact with the cool sand. it was around fall time, so it was too cold to get in the water, but it was great enough to just walk around in the sand.

taehyun let out a chuckle, how could someone be so adorable. taehyun walked over to the corner, where a picnic basket and blanket laid. "hey beom, over here!" taehyun called out, gesturing to the seat next to him.

"taehyun? when did you have time to do all this?" beomgyu asked, eyes widened in awe as he sat next to the blonde boy. "i had my best friend set it up..." taehyun shyly admitted, rubbing the nape of his neck.

taehyun grabbed the picnic baskets, and pulled out the ham and cheese sandwich, handing it to the brown haired boy. beomgyu grabbed it, and immediately took a bite out of the sandwich.

"ohmygod. iths sogood" beomgyu said, his cheeks full of food. taehyun chuckled, and took a bite out of his sandwich.

"hyunnie?" beomgyu called out, the nickname rolling off his tongue, "yes?" taehyun responded, "did you bring any water?" beomgyu asked shyly, a slight frown on his cheeks.

taehyun smiled, and grabbed the water out of his cooler bag. "here you go." taehyun said, "so." beomgyu said, taking a swig out of his water.

"what's so special about the beach to live for?" beomgyu asked, taking another bite out of his sandwich. "there's nothing special about it, it's just the beauty. you'll miss out on the beauty of watching the sun rise, or set." taehyun meekly spoke, taking a bite out of his sandwich, "plus, if you ever get a girlfriend. perfect date place." taehyun added.

beomgyu let out a curling laugh, and slapped his knee. "hilarious taehyun, absolutely hilarious."

taehyun sat there confused, "w-what?" taehyun mumbled out, eyes widening as the long haired boy let out a laugh. "i'm gay hyun, i thought it was obvious." he let out, letting out a cough.

"oh..." taehyun whispered out, beomgyu was gay?

"oh no...you're homophobic..." beomgyu sadly spoke, eyes looking down at his fingers, a habit he got whenever he was nervous.

"no...no! no i'm not homophobic! i'm gay as well! n-no one knows..." taehyun explained, feeling guilty. "no one knows?" beomgyu asked, curiosity taking over him.

"dads homophobic." taehyun meekly stated. beomgyu frowned at the sudden confession, "but it's ok. not like anyones gonna actually want to be with me." taehyun said.

"i doubt that taehyun." beomgyu whispered, a soft smile on his cheeks.

"i don't. im 'cold.' whatever that's supposed to mean...i didn't mean to ignore your brother, and i didn't mean to pick everything like he said i did." taehyun admitted, tears brimming his eyes.

"aww, taehyun it's okay. i know you aren't cold...we've only known each other for three days, well one...besides the point, i know you aren't cold. you're trying to convince me to take chemo just to stay alive." beomgyu smiled at the blonde boy.

"i don't want you to die." taehyun admitted, smiling at beomgyu. "i don't want to die either." beomgyu said, "this is my second round of cancer. i'm afraid that if i do the chemo it won't work either. and i'll just die either way." beomgyu said, eyeing the sun that was beginning to set.

taehyun woke up late, so the two ended up going towards the end of the day..which taehyun didn't mind beings that it gave the boy time to see the sunset.

"i think you should take the risk. there's always going to be that what if, but it's completely up to you." taehyun said, pulling the hems of his blouse up, showcasing his scarred arm.

"what happened?" beomgyu asked, eyes locking onto taehyuns arms and back to the sunset. "i tried to kill myself a few months ago." taehyun responded bluntly, a soft smile on his cheeks. "o-oh" beomgyu whispered out.

"it failed, obviously, but it's okay. i'm okay." taehyun said, lying straight out of his teeth. "if you say so taehyunnie" beomgyu spoke, still suspicious.

the two sat in comfortable silence, the sound of waves crashing against each other engulfing them in a warm hug. faint music playing in the background from a band that was playing down on the beach.

taehyun looked over to beomgyu, admiring the smaller boy. god he was so beautiful, taehyun smiled. "why are you staring?" beomgyu asked, a small voice coming out

"because you're beautiful."

and for the first time in a long time, taehyun didn't feel so ashamed of his sexuality.

"i should get you home beom, before yeonjun kills me..." taehyun said a small smile on his lips as he stood up. he helped beomgyu up, and put up all the material back into the picnic basket, leaving it there considering huening kai would pick it up later since he owns the beach. yeah, he's that rich.

"t-taehyun?" beomgyu stuttered out in a small voice, "yeah?" he asked as the started walking together.

"can i hold your hand?" beomgyu whispered, "i-i'm scared of the dark..." he shyly admitted, scared taehyun would make fun of him.

"of course love." taehyun said, intertwining their hands together.

the two walked, talking about everything and anything, taehyun keeping the smaller boy next to him in case anything were to happen.

soon enough the made it to beomgyu's house, "so...what are we doing tomorrow?" beomgyu asked with big doe eyes, taehyun let out a chuckle, "just meet me at the ice rink after practice!" taehyun spoke, ruffling beomgyu's hair.

"okay! thank you hyunnie! i had a great time, i hope we can hang out after this thing..."

"of course love, now go on. i'll see you tomorrow." taehyun said, earning a goodbye from beomgyu. he watched his body disappear behind the door, and he let out a sigh.

it's only been a few days, and he was already falling for none other than, choi beomgyu.