08.

taehyun sat on his bedroom floor, eyeing the floor as his thoughts consumed him.

he still hadn't given yeonjun a proper answer as to whether he'd live with them or stay in the darkness of his own home.

he didn't want to leave the memories of this house, but a part of him knew he would just create more and more memories that would just cause him more pain in the end.

as he deepened in his thoughts, his door slammed open. scaring the blonde boy.

"kang taehyun." his father spat, storming over to his shaking son. "y-yes." taehyun whispered out, scurrying away.

he felt a harsh hand grasp onto his shirt, and pull him up. "so it's true?! you're a faggot?!" mr. kang spoke harshly, pushing his son back down onto the floor.

his ribs aching at the sudden harshness of the ground.

"so what if i am." taehyun whispered lowly, but loud enough for the elder to hear him. his father let out a maniacal laugh, and soon enough taehyun felt a stinging sensation across his cheek bone.

"that's funny taehyun, yknow i thought i raised you better than this?" his father spoke lowly, spitting on the blonde boy.

"why does it matter to you?! you act like who i love brings you down any! it's not like you treat me as your fucking son anyways, so it's not like i'll bring anything down!" taehyun spat, standing up.

"you want to hit me?! go ahead! no wonder my mother fucking left you!" taehyun spat, anger lacing all over him. he was done living under a roof where he was treated like shit.

"oh you're gonna fucking get it now." he spat, punching the boy in the jaw, causing him to double back onto the ground. blood seeping through his lips.

taehyun smiled, "kill me. do whatever the fuck you want. i'm done." taehyun stated, closing his eyes in preparedness to get brutally murdered.

taehyuns father spat, "trust me, i won't kill you. get the hell out of my house. next time i see you, it won't be you i kill. it'll be the boy you'll be fucking." his father spat, pulling taehyun up by the nape.

he drug the blonde to the entrance, and threw him out. "get out of my sight faggot."

as the door slammed shut, taehyun let out a laugh.

he was free.

he pushed himself up off the damp floor, happiness lingering through his aching bones.

he limped his way down the familiar road that he knew all to well, instead of going to beomgyu's he wanted some time alone.

because for the first time in his life, he was free.