four

Monday eventually rolled around. Once the sun finally set, you headed off to the park, as you do every single Monday. You laid a blanket down on the grass and sat down on it. You laid back and looked at the night sky.

Stargazing was one of your favorite things to do. Unlike the hidden cloud village, the stars were brightly visible damn near every night in Konoha. You loved being able to admire the true beauty of the world, the galaxy even, so once a week, you made it a habit of coming to this spot and looking at the stars.

Sasuke walked up to you.

"Hey, stranger," you said.

Sasuke paused. "How did you know I was here?"

"Well, you're not very," you trailed off. "Sneaky."

Sasuke scoffed. "I'm a ninja. I know how to get around undetected."

"Then I guess I'm just awesome, then," you said. "Because you've never been able to sneak up on me. I always notice you."

Sasuke stared down at you. Your golden eyes were so beautiful, and even more so now as the stars reflected from your eyes.

"Do you wanna join me?" You said, patting the empty spot next to you.

Sasuke hesitated for a moment, then sat down next to you.

"So," you said. "Why do you stalk me?"

Sasuke scoffed. "I don't stalk you. I just," he trailed off. "I can't help but notice someone so beautiful."

'Why am I saying this?' Sasuke thought. 'I have a wife, this is wrong.'

"How sweet," you said. "I have to admit, I couldn't stop thinking about you since you saved me from that weirdo. You have this mysterious vibe, and you're very attractive."

"I get that a lot," Sasuke said.

"So what's your name?" You said.

"Sasuke Uchiha," he said.

"Never heard of you," you said with a chuckle.

"Really?" He said.

"Yeah," you said. "A lot of the ninja in this village are pretty famous, especially Lord Naruto, but I've never heard of you."

"That's a good thing, then," he said.

"Why?" you said.

"So, you can get to know me for yourself."

"Smooth," you said with a chuckle. "My name's ______ Matsuoka."

"How old are you?" Sasuke said.

"26," you said. "You?"

"33," Sasuke said.

You hummed. "Hmm... What has you so attracted to me, Sasuke?"

Sasuke shrugged. He almost blurted out 'everything', but he managed to refrain from sounding creepy.

"Dunno," he said. "You just seem... interesting."

"Why thank you," you said. "I am definitely interesting." You chuckled.

There was a comfortable silence after that, but Sasuke thought he was being awkward.

"Sorry," Sasuke muttered.

"You don't talk much, do you?" You said. "I respect that. I'll pry down those walls you have built up eventually."

"Really?" Sasuke said.

'Yup," you said. "There's no doubt in my mind."

Sasuke rolled his eyes. "Sounds like a challenge you'll lose, since I'm hardly ever in the village."