15

Naruto watched you move around the office, filing papers, organizing shelves, and light housekeeping to keep the office looking fresh. He stared intensely at the effortlessly graceful way you move around. It was ruined by the fiery jealousy that burned in the pit of his stomach.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Naruto said.

You looked at him and tilted your head. "Huh? No, I don't," you said.

"Hm," Naruto hummed. "I just saw someone leaving your house the other night."

"Oh! That was my friend. He came to visit," you said with a smile.

"I see," he said. "Have you and this friend ever..."

"I've only ever been intimate with you," you said without him even having to finish his sentence.

"Good," Naruto said with a smile. He stood up from his seat and motioned for you to walk over to him. You did just that. Naruto sat you on his desk and put his hands on your hips.

"You wouldn't lie to me, would you?"

"No sir," you said.

"Are you in love with him? Your friend?"

"I wouldn't go that far," you said. "But, I do like him."

Naruto laid his head in the crook of your neck and squeezed your sides. "More than me?"

You fell silent for a moment. "I don't know."

"I see," he said with a sigh.

"Are you... upset with me?" You muttered. "I'm sorry-"

"You don't have to apologize," Naruto said. "I was only curious. There's nothing to worry about."

"I see," you said. "...are you sure?"

Naruto stood up and grabbed your chin, forcing you to look up into his blue eyes. "It's okay, angel. I can't keep you all to myself forever, huh?"

You looked into his eyes. "I don't want to upset you, Lord Naruto."

"I'm not upset." He leaned down and kissed you.

______________

"___!" Konohamaru exclaimed. He ran towards you and waved.

"Oh, hey," you said with a smile. "Finally got some time off?"

"I did," he said. "So, I was hoping we could finally get dinner or maybe.. ice cream?" He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah, sure! What were you thinking?" You smiled up at him.

"Uh, how's ramen sound?" He said.

"I never thought I'd say it, but I think I've had too much ramen, working with Lord Naruto," you said with a chuckle.

"I believe it! He eats ramen basically every day."

"Literally, he asks me to get ramen for him almost every day!"

"Yeah... he's lucky to be around you every day." Then, he started blushing. "S-So see you tonight? Maybe we can get bibimbap?"

"I've never had that... so yeah! Sounds great."

______________

Later that night, You and Konohamaru were walking together after a nice dinner.

"That bibimbap was pretty good," you said.

"Yeah," he said. "I'm glad you came out with me. It feels like I've been waiting forever to get a date."

You laughed. "Well, you have had a lot of missions."

"Yeah," he said. "Sometimes I feel like he's giving me these missions to keep me away from you."

"I doubt it," you said with a smile. "It's just a lot happening, I'm sure."

"Right," he said. "And nothing is going on with you two?"

"Going on with us? Well, I like to think we've become friends," you said with a smile. "He and Hinata are very kind to me."

"Yeah, but," he paused for a moment. "Never mind. I'm sure it's nothing."

You smiled at him.

"Would.. you like to go on another date with me?" He said. "Maybe breakfast tomorrow?"

Before you could respond, you heard Naruto calling out. "Hey!" He said with a grin. He walked over to you two.

"Lord Naruto, what a surprise!" You said with a smile.

"Hey, big bro Naruto," Konohamaru said.

"What are you two kids doing out here so late?" He said.

"I could be asking you the same thing," you said. "I thought you headed home."

"I did, but then I decided to take a walk," he said. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Well-"

'Not at all," You said. "We were just about to head home anyway."

"Why don't I walk you home then?" Naruto said.

"Actually, I was gonna walk her home," Konohamaru said.

"Yeah," you said. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yup!" Naruto said with a smile. On the inside, he was burning with jealousy. First Ino, then Sasuke, now Konohamaru? It's like he can't just have you to himself. He knows it's hypocritical and wrong, but damn, Naruto was not happy. Naruto is selfish when it comes to you.

You and Konohamaru walked home together.

"Are you sure there's nothing.."

"Yes, I'm sure," you said.

"Okay," he said. "Well, I'm gonna head home. See you another time?"

"Yeah," you said with a smile. "Get home safely, Konohamaru."

"See you, ___." He leaned down for a kiss. You turned your head, and he kissed your cheek.

"See you soon," you said.

"Yeah," he said.

___________________

You sighed and stared at the ceiling of your bedroom. You felt awful. You felt like the things that were happening in your old home are starting again. You have Ino, Konohamaru, Sasuke, and Naruto. Those four people are interested in you. You like the attention, yes. But its starting to become too much. You just want love and intimacy. You want someone to be by your side for the rest of your life. Someone to spend your future with, to grow old with.

Being physical was enough before, but now, you crave that emotional connection.

Your heart knows who it is you want. You know exactly who you want to spend the rest of your life with.

"I guess, it's time to finish things with everyone else," you said to yourself. You rolled over and stared out of the window.