8

You sat on the ground, staring at the night sky. Sasuke walked up behind you.

"Happy Monday, Sasuke," you chirped.

"You're good at detecting people," Sasuke said.

"I know," you said. Sasuke sat down next to you, and you laid your head on his shoulder.

"How was work?" Sasuke said.

"It was good," you said. "Lord Naruto finished all his work, so I went home early for once and took a nap."

"For once?" Sasuke said.

"I've never gone home early before," you said. "I usually stay late with him, but I was just sleepy today."

"Understandable," Sasuke said. "You're a very hard worker, apparently."

"I am," you said with a smile. "How have you been?"

"The same," Sasuke said. "Just visiting for the day."

"To see me?" You teased.

Sasuke was silent. You chuckled and kissed his cheek. "You're a man of few words, Sasuke. I know you're here to see me, though."

Sasuke looked down at you, a small smile ghosted his face for just a brief moment. "You just," he paused. "Understand me."

You shrugged. "I guess so," you hummed.

You two sat in comfortable silence. You placed your hand on top of Sasuke's and looked up at the night sky. Sasuke's eyes never left your form, fully taking in your appearance. Your golden eyes always seemed to glow, especially in the dark of night. Your plump lips, the arch of your lower back, the short, curly hairs that weren't long enough to comfortably sit in your ponytail, everything about you was just beautiful to Sasuke.

You were a rare breed of beauty, unlike anything he's ever seen before. Not only that, but your aura was peaceful and warm. Even though you've known him for a short amount of time, you seem to be able to read him like a book, to understand him like no other, not even his wife and best friend could accomplish that.

His mind always seems to wander when he's around you. Recently, it's gone far beyond the simple physical attraction he felt. Sasuke constantly thought about having you in an intimate way. Would you know how to read his body in the same way you can his mind? Now, his thoughts travel down a more domestic route. Taking you on dates, you greeting him when he comes home, him spoiling you, making you smile, there's so much Sasuke would love to do with you.

"You've been staring at me for like three minutes," you said with a chuckle. "Something up?"

"You're beautiful," Sasuke blurted out.

You smiled. "Thanks, you're pretty good-looking yourself."

"Thanks," Sasuke muttered. His heart thumped in his chest. Sasuke wanted to just... be with you. Hug you and kiss you and everything else one would do with someone they're in a relationship with. His relationship seriously... lacks. Of course, Sasuke loves his wife, but in more of a best friend/mother of his child kind of love. The only reason he even married her was that he accidentally got her pregnant. Sasuke didn't want to be alone, and he thought that Sakura was the only path to happiness.

But here you are, in all your glory. Everything Sasuke's ever wanted and so so much more.

"Can I take you somewhere?" Sasuke said.

"Right now?" You asked.

Sasuke nodded.

"Hm okay."

Sasuke lifted you into his arms, and you squealed in surprise. "Sasuke!"

He smiled briefly at your smiling face. Then, Sasuke opened a portal with his Rinnegan and stepped through with you in his arms. On the other side was a huge field filled with moonflowers, that literally shined in the moonlight.

"Wow," you muttered, staring at the area with wide eyes. "This is beautiful."

"I thought you'd like it." Sasuke set you on your feet. "We're almost in the land of wind. This place blooms only a few nights a year, and I thought." He paused.

You smiled up at him. "Aw, you thought of me? That's so sweet, Sasuke."

Sasuke leaned down to your height, and a small smile ghosted his face. "I just feel comfortable around you, and I like seeing you smile."

"Really?" You said. "That's... shocking. You're so mysterious, I wasn't even sure if you considered us friends."

"Well, I do," he said. Sasuke grabbed your hands into his hand.

"Do you miss it? Your arm, I mean."

"Eh," Sasuke said. "Sometimes, like right now. Usually, I don't even notice it's gone."

"Ah," you muttered. "This is very... romantic."

"Yeah," Sasuke said.

"Can I kiss you?" You said.

Sasuke leaned down to your height again and put his hand on your cheek. Then, he pressed his lips against yours in a sweet kiss. You cupped his face, just before he could pull away, and continued the kiss. After a moment, Sasuke moved your hands away.

"Why won't you-"

"I told you before, I don't want you to think I'm just using you for your body. I know, we've only known each other for a few weeks, but we could possibly have a real connection."

You stared up at him, completely speechless. In all honesty, you wanted to cry.

"A connection?" You muttered.

"Yeah," Sasuke said. "I want to get to know you more. When you get your own place, I want to send you letters while I'm away. When I come to see you on Mondays, I want you to talk and talk and talk until my damn ears bleed."

You chuckled.

"I really wanna know who you are," Sasuke said.

"I doubt you'd like who I am," you muttered.

"Let me decide that for myself," Sasuke said.

"Okay then," you said. "Same to you. I want to know who you are, Sasuke. I want you to keep me up all night, talking about anything and everything, even when you only say one sentence like every 20 minutes," you joked. "I really want to get to know you, regardless of whatever is holding you back."

"How do you know something is holding me back?"

"No normal person literally loses an arm without some real shit happening beforehand," you said.

"Can't deny that," Sasuke said. "How about I take you back to the village?"

"Can we stay a little longer?" You said.

Sasuke kneeled down and picked a flower, then he tucked it behind your ear. "It's getting late. We both need some rest. I'll bring you back another time."

"Alright," you said with a smile as Sasuke caressed your cheek with his thumb.