11

"Welcome back, Sasuke," you said with a grin.

"You snuck up on me," he said.

"You're here early this time," you said. "Missed me?"

"I actually did," he muttered. He put his hand on your hip and pressed his forehead against yours. "I couldn't stop thinking about you."

Your heart skipped a beat. "Really?" You muttered. "No one's ever said that to me before."

"I'm surprised," he said. "I- uh," he pursed his lips. "Just take this." He pulled out a bouquet of Chrysanthemums.

"Where were you holding that?" You said with a chuckle.

"Never mind that," he said.

"They're beautiful," you said. "What's the occasion?"

"I have to leave for a while, so I won't be here next Monday," he said. "So," he trailed off. "Just take good care of these? I heard they can last three weeks or longer. I'll be back before they die, okay?"

You smiled and kissed his cheek. "I'll take good care of them," you said.

"Good," he said. "What are we doing tonight?"

"I was thinking we could take a walk," you said. "And just talk. Well, I'll do most of the talking, but you get it."

Sasuke nodded. You grabbed his hand and led him down the street. "So how's your week been?" You said. "Mine has been about the same. I worked, hung out with Ino, oh! and Himawari and I made cookies. I've also been looking at houses, ya know, so I'm not a burden on Lord Naruto much longer." You looked at him. "Yours?"

"It was fine," he said.

"That's good," You said with a smile. "I really like spending this time with you."

Sasuke nodded.

"I know, you do too," you said. "Why don't we get some ice cream?" You gestured to the ice cream cart.

"Sure," Sasuke said.

You walked over to the cart.

"What would you like?" Sasuke said.

"Hm," you muttered. "Strawberry ice cream," you said.

"One strawberry and a vanilla ice cream," Sasuke said.

"Sure!" The young woman said. She handed him the two cones Sasuke handed you the strawberry one and paid for it.

"I could've paid," you said. "I'm the one with the job, after all."

"It's fine," Sasuke said. He licked his ice cream. You licked yours and hummed. "This is the best ice cream I've ever had."

"Ah, I'm not surprised," Sasuke said. "They're known for their ice cream around all of the five nations. There's only one person whose ice cream compares."

"Really?" You said. "I'd love to try their ice cream, then."

"Maybe I'll take you some time," he said.

You smiled. "I'd like that, Sasuke."

Then, seemingly faster than you could comprehend what happened, Sasuke kissed your cheek. "I've gotta go," he said.

"I-" You pursed your lips and looked up at him. Your ice cream had melted and fallen from the cone, but you didn't care. You grabbed his empty sleeve with your free hand and took a step towards him. "I-" You tried again, but no words came out.

"I know," Sasuke said with a small smile. Then, he poked your forehead. Your eyes widened at the sudden act of affection. Then, Sasuke was gone. Your hands trembled, and tears welled up in your eyes. Whatever feelings you had for Sasuke scared the living shit out of you.

You sighed and looked down at the ground. "I'll get over it while he's gone," you muttered. You threw your moist ice cream cone into the trash, picked up your bouquet of flowers, and headed home.