7

"Uh, h-hey!" Konohamaru exclaimed once you walked out of the Hokage tower.

You paused and looked up at him. "Hm? Oh, hey Konohamaru."

"Um," he said, looking off to the side. "How was work?"

"It was fine," you said with a smile. "How was the mission? Are you here to turn in your report?"

"Uh, no," he said. "I was wondering if you'd like to maybe get lunch or dinner sometime?" He rubbed the back of his neck, a light blush dusted his cheeks.

"Sorry for making you wait," Naruto said as he walked out of the building. "Oh, hey, Konohamaru. What's up?"

"N-nothing, Lord Seventh," Konohamaru stuttered.

"Konohamaru asked if I would go get something to eat with him sometime," you said. "You walked out before I could give a response."

"Ah," Naruto said. "Well, don't let me interfere." He chuckled, patting Konohamaru on the back. "I'll see you at home, _____." Naruto walked away.

"So?" Konohamaru said.

"Lunch sounds nice," you said. "Stop by whatever day you're not busy, and we can grab a bite to eat."

"Really?" Konohamaru said. "Great! I'll see you soon, okay?"

"See you," you said. You waved at him, then walked away.

__________

"I know you're hiding~" You giggled as you peeked behind a tree.

"I wasn't hiding," Naruto said. "I was just..." he trailed off. "Waiting for you, so you don't get lost or something."

You chuckled. "If you say so, Lord Naruto."

"So, what did you tell him?" He asked.

"Who? Konohamaru?" You said.

Naruto nodded.

"We're gonna go get lunch whenever he isn't busy," you said. "Seems like it'll be fun, plus I love free food."

"So, you do like him?" Naruto said.

"No," you said, looking up at Naruto. "I don't think it's a date. I don't really know him, or anyone here, so I'm just making friends." You smiled up at him. Naruto smiled and nodded.

"That's good, then," he said.

"Don't be so jealous," you teased.

"Who said I was jealous?" Naruto said.

"Hm, you did, indirectly, of course. I can tell."

Naruto just looked down at you. He didn't have much of a response because you're right. Yeah, he is jealous that someone else is interested in you, and he damn sure didn't think you'd catch on.

You took a few steps towards him, his back pressed against the trunk of the tree and you put a hand on his chest,

"____," he scolded.

You glanced behind you. "No one is around, Lord Naruto."

"We're still in public, though," he said as he slowly leaned down to your height.

"If it bothers you so much, then why are you leaning in for a kiss?" You teased.

"Just shut up," Naruto grumbled. Of course, you did just as you were told. It took a few moments for Naruto to finally press his lips against yours. Once he did, he snaked his left arm around your waist. You put one of your hands on his cheek and gently bit down on his bottom lip.