Makoto Tachibana

Yet another character I thought was really cute. This was written August 19th 2019.

HAZEL

The car lurched to a stop at last. I looked out the window to my right to see my front lawn. At this point I was hungry, bored, and just tired of being in the car in general. My adoptive mom, Sabrina, drives a green Honda Civic that my whole adoptive family was too big to fit in. Sabrina took my adoptive sisters and I on a road trip to Donald to visit her mother and we just finally got back after a week. My three adoptive sisters, Maya, Sam, and Autumn rushed out of the car before I could even unbuckle. Since I was the smallest I had to sit in the middle, so once Autumn had gotten out, I followed.

Maya is the oldest, she's twenty two and she'll be twenty three soon, but for some reason she still lives with Sabrina. She's the tallest of us at 5'10. Maya has her dad's black hair and Sabrina's blue eyes. Her hair goes down to her elbows and she has bangs in front. Under her right eye she has a long scar from wrestling. She's wearing a red and white striped shirt with jean shorts, a leather jacket around her waist, and grey Converse.

Sam just turned nineteen on the fifth and she's been looking for somewhere to live. She got Sabrina's brown hair and blue eyes. Her hair is really long, it goes to near the bottom of her back in a ponytail. She has bangs pushed off to the left and a beauty mark under her right eye. She's wearing a light pink crop top with white around the edges and a white skirt with white high heels. She is 5'8.

I'm thirteen, but in a couple months I'll be fourteen. I have heterochromia. My right eye was a deep blue and my left eye was a light brown, hazel-y color that was almost golden. It was ironic that it was hazel because of my name, but I couldn't do anything about it. My black hair was dyed light purple, it went to the bottom of my ears and it was tucked behind my right ear. I had side bangs on the left that slightly covered my eye and I had a bunch of freckles across my cheeks and nose. I was wearing a baby blue hoodie and a pair of blue jeans. I'm only 5'1.

Autumn is eleven, she'll be twelve in December. Nobody knows why Autumn has ginger hair, but her blue eyes came from Sabrina. She's already 5'2, but considering how fast she grew, she'll probably be pretty tall. Autumn is wearing a blue t-shirt with jean shorts and black Converse. Her ginger hair is in a long braid with a grey baseball cap over it.

Finally, Autumn, Maya, Sam, Sabrina, and I had brought all of our bags to our rooms, Micheal greeted us at the kitchen table. He was at his usual seat at the end of the table. There were six plates of steak and green beans.

"Sabrina! Maya, Sam, Autumn! Welcome home, girls!" He said.

"Hey Dad." Autumn said. She sat in her regular seat next to Micheal.

"Hi Dad." Sam sat next to Autumn. Maya didn't say anything to her dad, but only sat down and started to eat her steak.

"Hello, Honey." Sabrina said. She sat down on the other side of Micheal and I sat next to her.

"Thank you, Micheal." I said. Micheal was Autumn, Maya, and Sam's dad. After Sabrina convinced Micheal to let her take me in, Sabrina treated me as if I was her own child. Because of that Micheal wasn't a big fan of mine. He wanted his own children to be the only ones and he wasn't happy that Sabrina was caring for another child.

"Of course." Micheal responded. We ate in silence until Maya stood up and left. A couple minutes later, Autumn did too. Sam went next.

"Can I be excused?" I asked.

"Yes." Sabrina responded. Her and Michael's plates were empty, so after I had picked up mine, I grabbed theirs, Maya's, Sam's, and Autumn's. I took them to the sink and washed them, then I put them in the drying rack. After that I walk up the stairs and into my bedroom. My backpack was buzzing and I pulled out my phone, Iris had called me.