Free! Iwatobi Swim Club 3

This was going to be a Free! fanfic and again, it was likely going to be about Makoto. The lowercase is intentional and this was started December 16th 2020.

ari

i step out into the cold morning air. though i can feel the chill of the air through my soft hoodie, i decide to go on a quick walk. empty trees sway alongside the calloused path, wind softly pulling down the remaining leaves. down the road, an old woman sets out some freshly baked cookies. the steam drifts gently out her window and towards me, they smell of cinnamon. few animals are around, a man walking his small fuzzy dog, the last geese honking as they begin to fly off, as well as the last frogs crawling away to hibernate in the mud. on the steps leading up to a quiet view place, a white kitten lay curled into a tight ball.

as i walk up to see the small kitten, it stretches its legs slightly and sniffs my hand. crisscrossing my legs, i pet the kitten as they looked up at me. their eyes were bright grey, moon-like. for a few minutes i sat and pet the kitten, but there was a small vibration from my phone.

moth: Ariadna, we need to unpack please.

ari: mhm ill head back now мама

i gently move the kitten back onto the ground and turn back towards the ocean,