Part Five

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Listening to his even breathing, Madhu knew he had slept. He was lying behind her, his arms wrapped around her and his chin resting on her shoulders. Madhu gently frees herself from him, and without making a sound, slips out of the bed.

Rishabh opens his eyes and curiously looks around. Realizing that he was at the flat with Madhu, he sits up as he tried to clear the sleep from his eyes. Not finding Madhu near him, he looks around and notices light creeping through the door. he gets up and pulls on his pants as he walked out the bedroom.

He sees Madhu sitting on the living room floor, bend over the table as she wrote something. He walks to her noticing that she was wearing a long night dress, it made her look very prim and proper. He almost laughed remembering how not so proper she is in bed. The things she would demand and expect from him while they were in bed, and when he was in Switzerland and every night when they had cybersex, she had been so dominating and demanding, it had made him crave for her more intensely.

"Did I wake you?" Madhu asks him noticing him.

"What are you doing?" Rishabh asks her as he sat next to her.

"Assignment." Madhu replies.

"How come you're doing it now?" Rishabh asks her.

"I was planning to do it tonight."

"Then why didn't you make that excuse?" Rishabh asks her curiously.

"Because you told me not to give you excuses." Madhu cheekily tells him.

Seeing her smiling, he softly chuckles.

"I wanted to come." Madhu shyly whispers to him.

Rishabh didn't say anything for a few seconds, then he leans towards her and kisses her cheek.

Madhu watches him in shock at the tender kiss. He had never kissed her unless it was to make love.

"What?" Rishabh asks her confused as he turned his attention to one of her books.

"I just don't understand you." Madhu tells him softly.

"What do you mean?" Rishabh asks her as he looked at her.

"Sometimes, you are so human and in a talkative mood and sometimes you are so robotic and doesn't even say a word."

"I'm what I am." Rishabh replies with a shrug as he flipped through the book.

"If I didn't know better, I would think that you have some evil twin, who comes in your place." Madhu jokes.

Rishabh turns to her and tells her with a slight possessive tone, "It's me. always me."

"I know." Madhu replies rolling her eyes.

Madhu turns her attention back to her book, then she stops and asks him softly. "Do you want me? is that why you came?"

"You finish your assignment." Rishabh tells her.

Madhu smiles and continues with her work.

"Who is Atul?" Rishabh asks frowning seeing the name scribbled all over a page.

"My senior." Madhu replies.

"Why do you have his name written all over?" Rishabh asks frowning possessively.

"It's his guide. He gave it to me because he didn't need it anymore."

"Why are you using his guide?" Rishabh asks her as he turned to her frowning.