Part Eighteen

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Madhu was sitting in her room lost in thoughts. Her parents had thrown out Rishabh's parents out of their house. her father had told her to forget Rishabh.

Madhu closes her eyes as she caressed her stomach gently.

"Madhu..."

Madhu turns back and sees her mother looking at her sympathetically.

"Ma... Rishabh..." Madhu worriedly tells her.

Padmini sits next to her. "I know, what you want to say. You and Rishabh love each other but his family... they are so disgusting, Madhu."

Madhu looks away remembering the humiliating incident.

"The richer they are, the heartless they become." Padmini whispers.

"Rishabh is not heartless, Ma. He broods a lot and doesn't talk much but he is not heartless."

"You'll have to live with his family in that house, Madhu. you won't be happy there."

Madhu nods, his family couldn't stand the sight of her.

"Love isn't enough, Madhu. respect is also equally important." Padmini tells her.

Hearing that, Madhu asks softly. "Baba said that you both have no doubt in Rishabh's love."

"That we don't, Madhu." Padmini tells her. "But his parents..."

"How are you so sure?" Madhu asks curiously.

"The way he kept worrying for you when you were in Mumbai." Padmini tells her.

"He was worried?" Madhu looks at her confused. "When did he come here?"

"3-4 days after you left."

Madhu's eyes widen in shock, Rishabh had told her that he had found out that she had left only the day before yesterday. "3-4 days?"

"Yes. He told us he wanted to get your signature on some papers. But after we told him that you had gone to Mumbai, he seemed very worried. kept calling us daily asking whether you had contacted us."

"He called daily?" Madhu asks shocked. He had said that he didn't miss her because he had been busy.

"lots of times daily. When he kept calling, Malik and I started getting worried that you were in some kind of trouble. Malik was going to look for you in Mumbai, when you came home." Padmini tells her.

"Rishabh found me." Madhu whispers.

Padmini nods. "When he kept calling like that and every time when we told him that you hadn't called, the way he was disappointed, we were suspicious then itself that he loved you."

Madhu was confused regarding Rishabh. he had missed her but had lied to her when she asked. Why did he lie?

But she knew one thing for sure, he cared enough to be worried for her and loved the baby enough to marry her.

And for now, that was enough for her.

She will have to tell her parents about the baby.

"Ma... I have..." Madhu stops seeing a message from Rishabh. she takes her mobile and checks it.

I'm outside, Madhu. please come out.

"Ma... I'm just going outside for a walk." Madhu softly tells her as she stood up.

"Okay."

*********

Madhu comes out of her house and sees Rishabh waiting for her at the end of the street. She hurries to him.