Part Seven

Happy Independence Day.

Sorry people, this Story has only small updates.

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Madhu had a busy and hectic day in college. and on top of that, her professor said that the next day they would be having a test.

Even though they were together this morning, Madhu wasn't sure if Rishabh would call her in the evening. Sighing, she takes her mobile and messages Rishabh.

I have a test tomorrow and have to study for that today. you told me not to give any excuses, but this test is very important.

Madhu waited with bated breath as she stared at the phone. She sees the double tick and then it turning blue. She waited and waited, but there wasn't any reply from him.

Finally, not able to handle the silence from him, she dials his number.

"yeah?" Rishabh answers the call.

"Hey..."

"Yeah what?"

"Rishabh... erm...." Since she couldn't see his face, she couldn't really judge his mood.

"Why did you call?" Rishabh asks her.

"Erm..."

"What is with you?" Rishabh asks her confused. "And why aren't you studying?"

Madhu couldn't help the smile. "So, you saw the message."

"Obviously."

"Then why didn't you reply?"

"What was I supposed to reply?" Rishabh asks completely clueless.

"You could have said 'okay'. or at the very least, a 'k'!" Madhu tells him pissed.

"Madhu, if this is your idea of studying then I doubt you'll ever get a degree!"

Madhu scowls and makes a face at the phone. "Fine! I am going."

"Yeah, okay." Rishabh replies.

Madhu was about to hang up when "Madhu..."

"Yeah?" Madhu asks as she frowned.

"All the best."

*********

Come out.

2 mins, bell will ring now. Madhu replies as she checked her time. then she stared at her phone to see if he was going to call. When after the blue ticks, he didn't call, Madhu smiles. He wasn't as bossy as she believed. Or he was becoming more considerate with her.

Grinning, Madhu messages him, and thanks for asking, my test went well.

A second later, he replies, Welcome!

Madhu had the urge to shake him and laugh at the same time.

*********

Madhu happily opens the door and slides in. Rishabh was about to start the car, when she keeps her hand on his. "Rishabh."

Rishabh curiously looks at her and Madhu moves towards him and hugging him, she hungrily kisses him. Rishabh hugs her back and kisses her back in equal vigor.

"What was that for?" Rishabh asks her in ragged breath.

"I missed you." Madhu tells him as she smiled at him.

Rishabh leans down and takes her lips in his, for a gentle kiss.

"Did you miss me?" Madhu asks him as she moved back.