Part Nineteen

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Madhu stood in the middle of Rishabh's bedroom and looks around curiously. His parents hadn't even bothered to see her. Madhu sighs.

"You okay?" Rishabh asks her from behind.

Madhu turns to look at him and nods.

Rishabh walks to her and stops in front of her. Madhu wanted to ask him why he had lied to her about not missing her and not realizing that she had left, then she decides not to, if he had wanted to tell her the truth then he wouldn't have lied.

"I'm going to sleep." Madhu tells him and walks to the bed.

Rishabh gets on the bed next to her. Madhu closes her eyes and goes to sleep.

Rishabh lies on his side as he watched her sleep. he knew that it had been tough days for her.

His gaze moves down toward her stomach. He gently keeps his hand over her stomach. They were going to have a baby. it was so scary and he had no idea how ready he was for this, but he was going to be as good a father as he can be. He moves towards Madhu and gently kisses her on her forehead.

He moves back and sees Madhu watching him.

"Are you still angry with me for blackmailing you?" Rishabh asks her softly.

Madhu sadly lowers her gaze. "You threatened to take our baby away from me."

"You were refusing to come with me, Madhu." Rishabh guiltily tells her.

"Would you've taken our baby away from me if I hadn't married you?" Madhu asks worriedly.

"What do you think?" Rishabh softly asks her.

Madhu looks at him, if she thought he was the type who would separate a mother from her baby then she would have never loved him. Madhu moves to him and hugs him. "You lie a lot." Madhu sadly complaints to him.

Rishabh hugs her and kisses her on top of her head.

"Why won't you just tell the truth?" Madhu asks him as she asked him.

Rishabh hesitantly looks away. "I don't know."

Madhu sighs and hides her face on his chest.

"Go to sleep, baby. you need rest."

"We are going to have a baby, so you shouldn't be calling me baby anymore." Madhu tells him smiling.

Rishabh chuckles. "Let the baby be here first. Then I'll think of something else to call you."

********

"You did civil engineering?" Madhu asks curiously seeing the book on the table.

Hearing her, Rishabh who was sitting on the bed wearing his shoes, curiously looks up at her. "No, I did business management." Rishabh replies as he wore his shoes.

"Then this?" Madhu asks him curiously.

Rishabh looks at her for a few seconds then sighing he says "I wanted to do civil engineering but Dad wouldn't let me. he said I have to manage his business so I need to learn business management."

Madhu didn't know what to tell him. so, she gently keeps her hand on his shoulder.

"I started the construction business all by myself because it was my passion. Whatever I know, I learned by myself."

"It is doing really well, right?" Madhu asks him smiling.

"Yeah." Rishabh replies smiling then he stands up and tells Madhu softly. "Madhu, if our baby doesn't want to take over the business then I won't care. and I will not let anyone force it on our baby."