Part Fourteen

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Where the fuck are you?

Rishabh stares at his phone waiting for the second tick to appear. It's been three days and Madhu wasn't responding to his messages or calls. Now, her phone wasn't even reachable.

Rishabh couldn't sit still. He had to see Madhu. it had been three days since he last saw her, and he hasn't gone this long without seeing her except for the time he was in Switzerland.

I'm coming to your college.

When she didn't reply to that, he had enough. He gets up and walks out of his office.

For two days, he stood outside her college watching as students came and went, but she wasn't among them.

Fed up, the next day Rishabh went to her Principal.

"She hasn't come to college for the last few days."

"Did anyone contact her? has she given a reason." Rishabh asks, getting angry at Madhu for ignoring her studies because she was pissed with him.

And he just couldn't understand from where she suddenly had this urge to get married. Why this madness so suddenly? And he had been very clear from the beginning then what the hell happened to her?

"No, she hasn't contacted any of the staff."

Rishabh nods. "Can you give me her address?"

"Don't you have it?"

"No, just her mobile number and she isn't answering that." Rishabh tells him.

Principal looks at him thoughtfully wondering whether to give him the details or not.

"There is some auditing issues. So, I need her signatures urgently on some papers otherwise we'll have to cancel her scholarship and restart one next year, you know that means she would lose a year." Rishabh lies.

"Yes... yes... she is doing really well. It would be very sad if she loses a year." Principal says as he looked for Madhu's details.

*******

"I don't know what happened to her." Malik says dejectedly. "Suddenly, she wanted to act in movies. She said she didn't want to do engineering and she wants to be an actress."

"ACTRESS?" Rishabh asks shocked out of his wits. "Since when did she want to be an actress?"

"I don't know." Malik says sadly. "Dropped her studies and went."

"Sir, do you know Madhu?" Padmini asks confused.

"What?" Rishabh asks her shocked.

"You were talking as if you know Madhu." Padmini tells him.

"I met her when she had come to ask me to sponsor her studies." Rishabh explains. "That time she was very keen on engineering."

Padmini nods believing him.

"She says she lost interest in engineering and now wants to be an actress. I told her to finish her studies first and then if she wants to be an actress then so be it. at least have a degree so she will have a guarantee in life but she says by then she will be too old to make a career in the movies." Malik says sadly.

Rishabh couldn't make heads or tails of what was happening. And he was starting to get worried for Madhu.

"Where is she now?"

"Went to Mumbai."

"Alone?" Rishabh asks outraged.

Malik sadly nods. "Didn't listen to us. she has never gone against us, don't know what happened."

"Did you talk to her after she left?" Rishabh asks them.

Malik regretfully looks at him. "I was so angry I told her not to speak to me if she was determined to throw her life away. I thought she would stay hearing that, but she didn't."

Rishabh stands up to leave.

"Please don't cancel the scholarship. She will come back soon." Malik requests him.

Rishabh nods.

"Thank you so much."

"If Madhu contacts you, please let me know." Rishabh tells them as he handed them his card.

Then he walks out of there.

Rishabh was starting to panic. He knew it in his soul that Madhu was in some kind of trouble.

End of Part Fourteen

Please vote and comment

- Lazy