Part Thirteen

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Madhu sat in her bedroom as she stared at the strip, not knowing what to do. She gently caresses her stomach. She couldn't feel the baby but she knew their baby was there. Madhu felt her eyes fill up and she wasn't even sure whether it was out of joy or fear.

Thinking of Rishabh, she knew he wasn't ready for the baby. he had so easily said that they will abort their baby, that day. and she knew, she would die but she will not kill their baby. maybe, once he realizes that their baby was here, he might change his mind about the baby.

What if he didn't? her heart asked her. Madhu wipes her tears, if he didn't want their baby then he won't have to take the responsibility of their baby. he can live his life the way he wanted. And she will live her life with their baby.

When she thought of her parents, she felt her heart break. If Rishabh refused to accept the baby and her, then her parents would be humiliated in front of the world. They will die if they find out that she is pregnant. She couldn't stay here as an unwed mother and hurt her parents and humiliate them. she couldn't have them punished for her doings.

She will have to go away, so far away that her parents won't hear about her baby. but they will never let her go away. and her studies, they would never let her go away when she had college. she will have to tell them that she is going to drop out of college. if Rishabh was going to end things with her then their deal would be over and he wouldn't need to sponsor her education. But what could she tell her parents that would convince them that she could no longer study here.

She couldn't tell her parents that Rishabh decided against sponsoring her education, what if her parents tried to meet Rishabh? and somehow their deal comes out in front of them? no, she could never have that. she will have to make them believe that it is her decision to stop her studies.

But why would she stop her studies? no one quit their studies unless it is because they don't like their course or they want to try their luck in movies. Madhu stops in shock. Maybe she will tell them that. her parents will oppose and they might be angry with her and won't talk to her again. at least that would save them from a humiliating life.

**********

"You are very silent." Rishabh tells her as they walked into the flat.

"Hmmm."

"What happened?" Rishabh asks her as he turned to her.

Madhu walks to the bar counter as she didn't know how to tell him their big news.

He follows her then he walked around the counter to face her. "What is it?"

When she remained silent, fed up, he grabs a glass and pours himself a drink. Then he silently drank the drink, his unwavering gaze stuck on her.

Madhu walks around the counter and starts to remove his tie.

Rishabh holds her hand, stopping her. "What happened?"

Madhu leans towards him and takes his lips in hers and kisses him.

**********

Madhu was lying on Rishabh's chest as she felt depression engulf her as she thought about how to tell him.

"What happened, Madhu? you're always talking so much, why are you so silent?" Rishabh asks her in concern.

Madhu sits up as she looked at him.

Rishabh sits up and cups her face. "You don't look happy."

Madhu removes his hand and gets off the bed as she started wearing her clothes.

For the first time, he couldn't watch her dress. Something was making it all wrong. He gets off the bed and wears his clothes.

"Will you tell me what the hell is the problem?" Rishabh asks her losing his patience.

Madhu looks at him as she gulped, her eyes filling up.

Seeing that, he cups her face. "Is it exams? Are you worried about that?"

Madhu shakes her head in no.

"Your parents?"

Madhu shakes her head in negative.

"What happened, baby?" Rishabh asks her feeling so helpless.

Hearing that, instead of telling him, Madhu ended up asking him a question. "Will you marry me, Rishabh?"

"What?" Rishabh asks in shock as he stepped back.

"Tell me, will you marry me?" Madhu asks him worriedly.

"if marriage or relationship is what I wanted then I would have looked for that, not a mistress!!!" Rishabh tells her agitatedly as he ran his hand through his hair. "What the fuck happened to you?"

End of Part Thirteen

Please vote and comment

-Lazy