Epilogue

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

She couldn't look at his face.

She just couldn't.

He has practically stopped talking.

He was brooding most of the time lost in his scary thoughts.

Madhu sighs seeing him walk in.

Rishabh forces a smile on his face.

Madhu reassuringly tries to smile at him.

The moment he walked into their bedroom, Trishna whispers to her, "He is going to die of a heart attack."

Madhu worriedly looks at her. "He is so worried that he is not sleeping at night. He is smoking so much; he is practically living in the balcony."

Trishna sighs. "You tell your mother to stop talking about how you were a premature baby. I think he expects the baby to pop out any second."

Madhu sighs. She knew the reason Rishabh was worried wasn't that the baby could be premature, she was way over her due date, closing in on 40 weeks. And their baby was big.

Though, Rishabh had started sharing to her about his worries, concerns and stresses, this, he just wouldn't share with her because he thought that was going to scare her, when it was his worry that was scaring her.

Madhu caresses her stomach as she sighed in worry. Please come soon, baby.

********

Finally, all their prayers were answered. Madhu went into labor in the middle of the night.

"I don't want him with me." Madhu tells the doctor as she gasped in pain.

Rishabh looks at her shock. "Madhu..."

Madhu lovingly caresses his cheek. "You are so scared and worried. I can do this alone."

Rishabh kisses her hand and tells her, "I don't have many memorable moments in life. Our baby... I don't want to lose out that moment."

"You'll be fine, right?" Madhu asks him worriedly.

"Yes." Rishabh promises her.

********

"How did he do?" Padmini asks Madhu.

"He did good." A half dead, Madhu tells her mother as she held Rishabh's hand.

Padmini smiles happily.

"It's a girl like you wanted." Malik tells Rishabh with happy tears.

"Not wanted, he was very sure." Madhu teases him.

Rishabh chuckles as he lovingly held their daughter.

They hear the door open and turn to look and sees Trishna walk in. "I went to get coffee and that is when you come to room!"

Madhu chuckles.

"How did he do?" Trishna asks as she excitedly looked at the baby.

"He did good." Madhu tells her smiling.

********

"Mukund is on his way." Trishna informs them as she on the couch watching Rishabh and Madhu with their daughter.

"Yeah, he had messaged. He had some meeting." Rishabh informs Madhu.

"I think he is planning to propose me." Trishna says thoughtfully.

"About time, I say." Madhu mutters.

"He is worried that he is not as rich as you." Rishabh tells her.