- Not So Lonely Rehearsals -

Summary: Oz volunteered himself to help out with the One Acts Spooky High was preforming and found himself hanging around with the popular, and sometimes hard to read, Milo Belladonna. 

A/N: This will end up being a two part story because this part alone passed 1,500 words, so expect the second part soon! (Also I only proof read it once because I'm rushing to post it so don't mind some of the mistakes, I'll fix them later don't worry.)

Oz never tried to stand out when it came to... anything really. So when Spooky High was looking for some kids to help out with their annual One Acts, Oz was hesitant to join. However he signed up anyway; partly because he enjoyed being in theater class and partly because the rest of the color crew was signing up and he didn't want to be left out.

At the first rehearsal, Oz immediately felt overwhelmed. Some monsters were running around creating sets, others rehearsing lines of random roles, and the rare few just there to skip class. So that just left Oz standing awkwardly backstage and waiting for someone to give him some kind of instruction.

That someone ended up being Milo Belladonna. Milo was notorious within their school for always performing lead roles and was always quick on their feet when it came to improv. They were probably the only monster in the school that could make it big and most envied them for it, Oz just admired them.

He could barely manage through a school presentation while Milo could perform in front of hundreds of guests like it's nothing. Oz had theater class with them, he's seen how outgoing they could be with any role presented to them. It was just all... amazing to watch.

"Hey darling, Oz right?" Milo asks and Oz simply nods, not knowing what to say back. He's only talked to Milo on a few rare occasions, and that was mostly requesting him to move over a bit or to borrow a pencil.

"I was wondering if you wanted to help me out with memorizing my lines, my practice partner seems to be running late." They say with just a hint of passive aggression, so settle Oz nearly missed it.

"O-oh yeah, sure. Do you have a script I can borrow?" Oz asks Milo while tilting his head the tiniest bit, causing Milo to crack a smile.

"We can just share my script, the school is a bit cheap when it comes to printing stuff out for the theater department." They say, Oz couldn't help but nod in agreement and let out a little laugh.

That's when MIlo and Oz went off into the audience seats to find a more quiet place to rehearse. They ended up leaving the auditorium completely and practiced in the hallways, which technically wasn't allowed, but no one really cared.

Milo leaned back against some lockers and checked their Instagram while Oz just stood in the middle of the hallway, a little less awkward than he was earlier. He gazed down at the script Milo handed to him at some point throughout their search and noticed the lines highlighted in pink.

The lines that were highlighted were for the role of Rapunzel, which made Oz realize the One Acts were all reprises of classical fairy tales and folklore. Oz looked through the script a bit before a question dawned on him.

"Wait," Oz starts and Milo perks up from their phone. "Don't we still have to do auditions, how come you already have Rapunzel highlighted?"

Milo put away their phone before explaining, "I kind of have a knack for getting whatever role I want."

Oz quirked an eyebrow at this, rightfully suspicious, and Milo lets out a laugh. This just made Oz more confused rather than suspicious before Milo started speaking between their laughs.

"Not haha- Not like that! Believe it or not, I don't have to bribe my way into having lead roles. The director is just impressed by my skills, I've been working with her my entire highschool career. She can just trust me to give a good performance, nothing more!" Milo states and Oz can't help but laugh at their explanation.