- Double Feature-

Summary: Milo and Oz run into each other while seeing their Barbenheimer double feature!

A/N: If Barbenheimer is controlling my IRL life, then it's controlling my fanfic!

Milo was wearing bright pink clothes as they walked into the movie theater with Polly and Damien; their bag holding a completely different outfit for the event. Barbie and Oppenheimer came out on the same day and the reaper basically dragged their two friends to the theater.

They've been looking forward to Barbie for almost a year now, but Damien and Polly insisted they'd see Oppenheimer. It was about the ethics of killing thousands of mortals with nuclear weapons; clearly not Milo's, the literal grim reapers, dream movie. But it sounded interesting enough and who were they to object?

So, after buying tickets to the two movies, the group headed over to the concession stands to grab snacks for the nearly 6-hour viewing. While Milo was grabbing candy, someone accidentally bumped into them, and almost immediately started apologizing.

"I'm so sorry... Milo?" The stranger asked and Milo turned around.

They didn't immediately recognize the monster in front of them, but something about him felt eerily familiar. He was dressed in a gray trench coat, a white dress shirt, and just some plain dress pants; all topped off with a grayscale hat.

"Oh it's alright darling, would you like to get a picture?" Milo asks, assuming the stranger is a fan, but then the stranger just laughed.

"No thanks, I'm good. I wouldn't expect you to recognize me anyway." The stranger says with a laugh and Milo grabs onto his arm.

"I'm so sorry, please give me a hint." Milo says and the stranger laughs again before responding, "We're both immortal."

"Oh," Milo starts, still trying to jog their memory. "Definitely the embodiment of fear... is your name... Iz?"

With another laugh, the stranger replies, "Oz, you were close though... that's what I get for having no socials."

"God, I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you! I didn't even know your name!" Milo shouts and Oz just shrugs it off.

"We've only talked once or twice in the past couple of centuries, it's alright." Oz defends and Milo immediately ignores him.

"You still knew my name though, I'm a horrible monster sorry." Milo continues, eyes turning pink from embarrassment. The two moved into the payment line while continuing their conversation.

"Well, that's just because no one gets your name out of their mouths, you're Mx: Milo Belladonna! Looking amazing might I add." Oz compliments and Milo tries to brush past their embarrassment.

"Thank you so much, take a wild guess what movie I'm seeing." Milo laughs and Oz smiles at them.

"Yeah, I'm planning to see Barbie after Oppenheimer today with my friends. You'll have to tell me how good it is before I see it!" Oz exclaims.

"No way! You're doing the double feature too?!" Milo shouts out while scanning their card at the register.

"Yup, Vicky even packed me an outfit change." Oz jokes and Milo laughs before saying, "Darling, I have an outfit change too, we can meet up in the bathrooms before our second movie!"

"Alright then," Oz starts, looking over to the color crew clearly waiting for him. "I'll meet you in the main bathrooms for our costume changes."

"Sounds like a plan."

With a quick wave, the two went their separate ways, excited to see their respective movies. While Milo was laughing over Allen and crying over the ending of the Barbie movie; Oz was getting insight into the actions of the mortal race, which fucking terrified him.

The two left their theaters as two new monsters. After having a quick conversation with their friend groups, they headed over to the main bathrooms. Milo got there first considering the Barbie movie was shorter and immediately started getting changed into the new outfit. They were all done when Oz showed up, now working on their makeup.

"Oh hey darling, how was Oppenheimer?" The reaper asks from the mirror and Oz just lets out a very loud and very audible sigh while entering a bathroom stall.

Milo laughs before responding, "Well Barbie was amazing, it completely threw away gender roles and Ryan Gosling is always a joy."

Oz's stall was completely silent as he changed and Milo was almost concerned for the boy before he walked out in his pink ensemble.

"Wow, talk about contrast," Milo says while looking over at the boy, who just leaned against the wall next to them.

"I think I understand what it means to be mortal..." Oz says out loud and Milo stopped doing their makeup to turn over to the fearling.

"Pardon?" Milo asks, almost in disbelief, that a movie could cause this reaction in Oz.

"I don't know how else to explain it, I want to talk about it so bad but I don't wanna spoil anything," Oz says with a breathless laugh and Milo places their hand on the boy's cheek.

"Are you actually good?" Milo says, and Oz nods with another breathless laugh.

"Yeah, the movie was really good, I can't wait to talk about it with another immortal." Oz states while Milo goes back to doing their makeup.

"You genuinely scared me, darling! We'll definitely talk about it together after I'm finished." Milo starts. "In the meantime, get hyped for the Barbie movie! You look absolutely stunning, darling!"

Oz laughs before starting, "Yeah, you do too, I like the new makeup."

Milo's old makeup was pink glitter and mascara galore, but their new look was a heavy smoke eye with thick eyeliner. Their outfit matched perfectly with a brown trench coat and a gray plaid dress underneath.

"Thanks, I was worried it would be too dull." Milo states while putting their eyeliner back into their makeup bag.

"Wait, I have an idea!" Oz shouts out while grabbing his bag and pulling out the hat from his original outfit. "Try this on."

Milo was skeptical, but when they saw themself in the hat all their doubts disappeared. "You know what, it's not bad."

"Yeah," Oz starts. "You look great in it!"

"Why thank you, darling." Milo says, their heart slowly turning bright pink.

In order to not get too awkward, Milo looked down at their phone and noticed their movies started in five minutes.

"Oh, Oppenheimer starts at 5, I'll see you afterward?" Milo asks and Oz nods before adding, "Yeah, I'll meet you in the front."

The two once again parted and headed into separate theaters. Milo couldn't help but be reminded of Oz whenever they saw the hat's reflection in the door and Oz got reminded of the reaper with Vicky's new makeup.

A few minutes later, the two movies started. Oz was now finally able to feel joy again and Milo was being hit with an aggressive soundtrack and insane moral dilemmas. The contrast was unreal, but the two enjoyed every minute of it.

After Oppenheimer ended, Milo headed out to the front to see Oz sitting at one of the tables with some food.

"Oh hey Milo, you were so right about Ryan Gosling, I am literally Ken and- wait you good?" Oz asks out as Milo sits down with an empty look in their eyes.

"I am haunted by humanity." Milo states with a breathless laugh and Oz can't help but laugh along.

The two ended up spending hours at that table, discussing the two films head to toe. There were some laughs and some cries, but the two exchanged numbers as they left the theater. Milo honestly forgot how fun the other immortal was and cursed to themself when they realized they still had his hat.