♡ Sick Day ♡

Summary: Oz gets sick and it's up to Milo to take care of him.

A/N: Passed out and had to speed write this but that's finnneeeee...

Day #21: Surprise Gift

Considering that Milo and Oz were immortal beings, they didn't really 'get sick'. However, Oz started to have some strong headaches and even stronger coughing fits. Physically, that shouldn't be possible, so Oz refused to leave the house in order to not spread whatever he caught.

Milo personally thought it was the common cold that was somehow strong enough to affect an immortal being, so they started doing some research on how to get rid of colds. Suffice it to say, Milo was way out of their element when it came to taking care of a sick monster, but they were going to try their best.

On the way home from reaping a soul, they picked up a couple of things for Oz. They first grabbed some of Oz's favorite chocolates to lighten his mood, and then went on to grab some fresh soup, Nyquil, a couple of ice packs, a thermometer, and a new blanket.
Did Milo know if Oz needed half of those things? No, but you sure as hell know that the thought did count regaurdless.

With their haul in hand, they open the door to their apartment and head over to the bedroom, only to find Oz sleeping on Milo's half of the bed. They tried to quietly enter the room to leave the care package for Oz, but the boy jumped after hearing the quiet footsteps of his partner. It was almost startling how quickly Oz woke up, sitting up with a massive headache afterward.

"Wow, you genuinely look horrendous," Milo jokes before sitting down on top of the bedsheet in front of Oz.

"Wow," Oz responds, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Thanks my lovely spouse, how would I live without you."

Milo laughed before setting down their bag on the bed and pulling out the items they bought for Oz. The boy looked at the items, confused by half of the things on the bed, but he did see his favorite chocolate.

"So, I got you some soup and chocolate, along with Nyquil and a new blanket to help you sleep." Milo starts, before whispering quickly after; "I also got some ice packs and a thermometer but I kinda realized you didn't need those while on the train back."

Oz lets out a pitiful laugh that turns into a cough while opening one of the chocolates. He genuinely hated this; being sick is the most inefficient, unproductive thing Oz has ever done and he was... well sick of it.

Milo forced Oz to take some cough medicine they bought the day before, which was a challenge within itself because of how bitter the liquid was. It took Oz a solid minute to drink his dose of medicine, which was then followed up by downing five glasses of water to get that taste out of his mouth.

"Okay, now that you've recovered from grape-flavored cold medicine, is there anything else I can help you with?" Milo asks with a slight tilt of their head; which causes Oz to bite his lip.

"Can you," Oz starts, his coarse throat clearly affecting the way his voice sounds. "S-stay with me for a bit and watch a show or something?"
For once, Milo was speechless and never wanted to kiss the monster in front of them more in their life. Oz was literally dying on the inside and out, and he just wanted to spend time with the reaper instead of getting some peace and quiet.

"Of course, I can, Ozzie," Milo responds while placing their hand on the side of Oz's face; the boy leaned into the touch. "I'll go make us some snacks: popcorn, brownies, cereal, fries, whatever you like, I'll make."

The reaper was about to head out of the room before Oz grabbed their arm, forcing them to a stop. They curled their eyebrow down at the fearling, which made the boy feel unnecessarily nervous.

"I just wanted to say thank you for... everything really." Oz starts, a small blush forming across his face that wasn't a product of his cold. "The moment we found out I was sick, you immediately helped me out in whatever way you could, and I just wanted to say thank you."

Milo's heart melted while hearing Oz thank them for the bare minimum, and they couldn't help but sit down on the bed and pull Oz into a hug.

"Darling, you don't have to thank me, waking up to you every morning is thanks enough, alright?" Milo said while Oz buried his face into the reaper's neck, leaving a couple of kisses in the process.

"I love you..." Oz mutters out and Milo lets a soft smile creep onto their face before pulling the boy away.

The fearling let out a small whine when Milo got up from the bed, and the reaper laughed before saying, "I love you too darling, but I would rather die than catch whatever you caught."

After that, they left the room to grab the snacks and Oz picked out which show he wanted to watch, and the two spent the rest of their day together. Making stupid jokes, forcing medicine down throats, and just enjoying each other's company.