♡ The Little Things ♡

Summary: Milo was never one for physical contact, they always preferred words of affirmation, however, Oz is the exact opposite. He shows his love through physical touch and gets nervous with compliments, which always made him nervous around Milo. The two set aside their differences and try to find a solution.

A/N: We're on day two, let's go! Just out of curiosity, when have these one-shots been releasing for you guys? I've been posting them at midnight, but everyone else probably have different time zones.

Day #2: Kisses

Milo and Oz have found themselves in an upsetting situation. Milo has never liked physical touch when it came to any relationship, romantic and/or parasocial, they much preferred compliments from the people around them. Oz, however, overthought compliments and was always too scared to give them, so he much preferred the simpler method of just holding hands, cuddles, and kisses.

The two had polar opposite love languages and it was starting to have an effect on their relationship. Just a day ago, they got into their first argument over the problem and the two have been avoiding each other in their one-bedroom apartment, which was way harder than it sounds.

Oz was overthinking the whole situation and was starting to panic about it. They were fighting, which is a precursor to breaking up, which is a precursor to judgment, which is a precursor to living underneath a bridge with no money. Trust me when I say, Oz didn't want to live under a bridge around a bunch of germs. So he came up with a plan to break up with Milo so he's the respectable one and the judgment won't be as harsh.

Milo walked up to Oz later that day, breaking the avoidance rule, and sat on the couch with him. It was silent and Oz was going over the script he wrote up in his panic the hour prior.

"Hey Ozzie, we have to talk about this whole thing," Milo starts and is quickly cut off by Oz.

"Agreed, I want to break up with you..." Oz says with as much fake confidence as he can muster and Milo just sat there staring at him in awe.

"Darling, this was just a simple argument, are you really going to break up with me? I mean, we've literally been together for centuries." Milo says, testing Oz's commitment to this idea.

Even though they were arguing, Milo still knew Oz better than anyone else in this world. They knew he didn't actually want to break up with them over something as simple as this. Oz has been thinking about this argument non-stop for a whole day now, there's no way he hasn't over complicated the situation.

"Yes, I want to break up with you! We're just clearly not meant to be together when we don't enjoy the same things, it's just not going to work out!" Oz yells out while standing up from the couch, now pacing around the room, and Milo quirks their eyebrow.

"We both still enjoy doing things together," Milo says calmly and Oz looks over at them.

"Like what Milo?" "Well, we both enjoy cooking new foods and trying them together, we both enjoy binging new shows together, and lord knows we both like exploring new places-" Milo continues to list off more and more things the couple do together and Oz's eyes start to water.

"Just shut up!" Oz shouts at Milo and the reaper just stares back at him, slowly getting up from the couch and walking over to the emotional boy.

"And why should I?" The reaper says, eyes and heart going yellow, challenging Oz at this moment, and Oz was definitely feeling the pressure. They were now standing toe-to-toe and Milo could see the tears in their boyfriends' eyes.

"Because-" "Because?" Milo questions, which causes Oz to collapse into their chest and start sobbing.

"Because I don't want to leave you..." He cries out and Milo wraps their arms around the crying boy, trying their best to comfort him.

"Oh Ozzie, everything's going to be alright. You are one of the most amazing, kind, and honest monsters I have ever met; I'm not going to leave you because of a small argument. I will never leave you, darling." Milo whispers into Oz's ear while slowly combing out his hair(?) with their hand, remembering a past conversation with Oz claiming that combing his hair calmed him down.

Which it did, Oz started calming down almost immediately in Milo's arms, which Milo was extremely grateful for. The reaper guided the fearling over to the couch they were sitting on previously while still holding the slightly taller boy in his arms.

"Darling, it's true you and I don't see eye to eye when it comes to how to express our love, but that doesn't mean this relationship is doomed to fail," Milo says while whipping some tears off of Oz's face, Milo hated to see him like this.

"B-but you don't like to be touched..." Oz whispered while leaning into Milo's touch. "And I-I don't like to be c-compliment-mented." The fearling says, tears forming again.

Milo nearly laughs at the boy's reasons, "Hon, look at us right now, we're cuddling on the couch and I just complimented the shit out of you, it's not the end of the world." Milo says while kissing Oz's forehead, which made the boy smile.

"Sure, I don't prefer physical touch, but it's not as if I'm allergic. You can just ask if you want to cuddle," Milo says before kissing Oz's cheek. "And you don't have to worry about my compliments," a kiss to Oz's nose. "And you don't have to feel pressured to respond to them." a kiss to his temple.

After that Milo was peppering Oz's face with kisses and the fearling couldn't bring it in him to even care about the argument they had the day before. Everything is going to be fine, so long as they have each other, nothing bad could happen.

"Thank you..." Oz mutters before Milo finally kisses his lips, this kiss lasted longer than the other ones, not that they were complaining.

"No problem, sweetheart." Milo whispers before kissing Oz again, losing themself in the moment.