♡ End of the Begining ♡

Summary: Despite the rocky introduction at camp, Oz and Milo grew close over the five weeks; maybe Oz would have someone to go to the meteor shower with after all.

A/N: Yes, this is a continuation of Loner V.S. Influencer because I have no originality...

Day #10: Star Gazing

Oz had probably made the worst judgment of his life. Milo, the most famous grim reaper (also known as Oz's tentmate), was the most obnoxious monster he has ever met... at least that's how it felt at first. However, Oz's opinion of Milo started changing ever since that midnight talk.

The fearling started to understand Milo as more than just the chronic online influencer that they presented themselves as. Despite having the whole influencer persona, Milo was actually very intelligent in the things they cared about such as expanding businesses, photography, and even social issues.

One night, Oz was sitting with Milo and Damien at a campfire and the two were having a flat-out debate over gender roles and public perceptions. Looking past Damien's nonsensical points, Milo genuinely knew a lot about the topic and tried to express their point in a convincing manner.

Debates like that happened a few other times after that instance and Oz couldn't understand how he didn't see this side of MIlo earlier, however, it was probably because he was hanging out with the reaper a lot more now.

Since the color crew was busy pursuing other monsters in camp, Oz decided to cling onto Milo after they called him out for avoiding the other campers. To the reaper's credit, Oz genuinely was having more fun tagging along with Milo's crazy adventures; whether that was getting their phone back from the camp counselor or competing in a cooking contest with other campers.

The more they hung out though, Oz was starting to see even more things about Milo. Such as how the reapers' eyes look beautiful in the sun, or how they always tilted their head slightly up while walking. Oz is yet to realize his crush on the reaper despite the entire camp knowing before him, even Milo themself.

By the fourth week of camp, Milo caught on to Oz being slightly more nervous around them and noticed Oz was spacing out more often. The reaper thought it was funny, considering that Oz hated their guts when they first showed up at camp. With that, they brushed off Oz's crush, completely forgetting about it.

Before the campers could blink, it was the last day of camp and the meteor shower was tonight, and you could feel the tension in the air. Everyone was hyper-aware of who they wanted to ask to watch the night with them... everyone besides Oz and Milo.

They both went camping to have fun with friends and be around nature, not really for a summer romance. So that led them to be completely alone in their tent, nothing really happening because everyone was so on edge.

"Hey, Oz?" Milo asks while digging through one of their many bags of clothes. Oz looked up from his bed, where he was reading this cheesy love story Vicky recommended.

"Yeah, what's up?" The fearling asks while Milo pulls out a couple of shirts from the bag.

"I'm trying to find the perfect outfit for the meteor shower tonight and I'm going to need your help darling." They say simply while holding a shirt over their torso while looking into their phone's camera.

"O-oh, are you going to the meteor shower with someone?" Oz asks, already accepting the fact that Milo was way out of his league.

"Yeah, I'm going with you," Milo states simply and Oz nearly chokes on his own breath. "I thought that was obvious, we've been doing everything together for the past couple of weeks."