♡ Golden Opportunities ♡

Summary: Milo couldn't resist a good sunset picture, and apparently neither could Oz.

A/N: This might be my favorite so far...

Day #9: Sunsets

Milo traveled around the world being the whole, you know, grim reaper and all, and the one constant of their life was the beautiful sunsets they saw. In between reaping souls and leading them to their afterlife, Milo couldn't help but sit down and watch the sun slowly disappear past the horizon.

Somewhere along the line, the reaper started taking pictures of these sunsets and posting them onto their Instagram every day, showing off the new locations they were in. The Milovers loved the daily routine of the sunset post, and they would riot if Milo ever missed a day, which they luckily haven't yet.

Oz isn't really on social media a lot, and if he was, it was mostly on his Tumblr blog. However, one day his friend Vicky showed him one of the most beautiful pictures he has ever seen. The monster who took it was on top of a skyscraper with their legs leisurely hanging off of the edge, the beautiful orange sunsetting sky reflecting on the glass below.

That one picture alone caused Oz to appreciate the environment around him just a little bit more. Then, the next week, Oz saw another one of these sunset pictures where the monster's hand was in the picture this time. It appeared they were in an alleyway in a big city, their hands grabbing onto the corner of a brick wall, the sunset reflecting in their nails. Right around the corner, you could see an entire city strip with the sunset parting down the middle.

Slowly, more and more of these pictures started being recommended to Oz, which eventually led to him finding their source. Milo Belladonna, the most famous grim reaper in existence, was posting these beautiful pictures every single day and it became routine for Oz to check their Instagram.

He half expected the pictures to get old after a couple of weeks, but somehow the pictures only interested him more with time. Eventually, he started posting sunset pictures of his own; they clearly weren't of the same level as Milo's, but he still had fun taking them regardless.

Oz actually gained a small following on Instagram over his pictures, which he didn't think was deserved, but he wasn't going to complain about it. He tried his best to get new concepts for the pictures whether that was the location, angle, or time.

After about a month of posting his own pictures, one of them absolutely went viral! He was in an abandoned junkyard where a graffitied train stopped in its tracks. He took a far picture of the train right when the sun was passing by it, and the glass shards on the ground from broken beer bottles were reflecting the sun perfectly into the camera.

Oz couldn't be happier with how the picture turned out along with the reception the picture was receiving. That was until he noticed a notification that changed his life forever... Milo liked his picture!

When Milo originally saw the picture they were in awe of its beauty. Then they looked onto the page and noticed the monster was posting sunset pictures every day just like them. This meant competition; this guy, as talented as he was, was a threat!

That was until the reaper noticed the description of the page, clearly saying they were inspired by Milo's pictures and wanted to give it a try. That was a little less threatening, so Milo started scrolling through the page.

They learned this monster's name was Oz and he had an amazing eye for photography. They found themself studying the pictures that he posted; they were clearly taken on a lower-quality camera than Milo's, but that added a charm to them that the reaper couldn't understand.

The photos felt vintage or nostalgic in a way, invoking a feeling that laced childhood memories. Milo eventually got to the end of Oz's page and followed the boy, turning their phone on silent before heading off to continue their job.

Sunset eventually arrived and Milo took their picture and quickly posted it before noticing that Oz posted as well. They checked his page to find a new sunset picture, amazing as all the rest of course, but the description was what made Milo smile.

'Guys, Milo keeps liking my pictures, help!!'

With that, as if challenged, Milo liked the new picture. Then they typed up an announcement for their followers shouting out Oz's Instagram page and left it at that for the night.

Oz became Instafamous overnight and he was nearly about to cry. His inspiration shouted him out on their page, and not only that but liked all of his pictures despite them being horrible. He got over the shell shock and started posting to his new followers, always receiving a positive reception from the fans.

The two accounts became intertwined by the fans, who imagined the two public figures were close friends in real life, despite never having an actual conversation together. The two didn't mind though, the fans enjoyed their content and so what if they enjoyed the people behind the cameras as well?

This all led up to one day when Oz had the idea to take another sunset picture, including himself in it this time. He's tried to avoid having himself in his pictures out of insecurity, but he's been feeling a bit more confident recently with the new following. So, he took a picture with his left hand curled into half of a heart right in front of the sun, causing an amazing eclipse effect against his black hand.

Milo was running a bit late, being assigned one too many gigs that day, and hastily pulled out their phone to take a picture. That's when they saw it, Oz's beautiful picture of his hand. They took a second out of their busy schedule to analyze it because it was honestly one of the best pictures Oz has released yet.

That's when Milo got a brilliant idea. They curled their right hand into half a heart as well and posted it onto Instagram tagging Oz, and when I tell you Milo's notifications wouldn't shut up that night. The fans immediately started shipping the two together and spamming the two asking questions about their relationship.

When Oz saw the picture he nearly had a heart attack. Milo, THE Milo, finished his picture for him. He couldn't just let this just... happen- so he opened private messages for Milo and just sent a heart emoji, at a loss for anything else to type.

Milo, despite their busy schedule, immediately responds with a heart emoji back. Despite the two being in different time zones, even different continents, they both felt butterflies in their stomach at the exact same time.