Two

King shivers, and he lets go of you, walking away.

His words echo in your mind.

The pirate lifts his finger, and his fire appears again, so he can light up a candle to weaken the darkness.

He keeps his crimson eyes on the flames as he continues.

"Whenever I look at you, I see both lines of the blood you carry," he says. "I see my kind and see the one that made us disappear from the face of the earth."

"Humans?"

"The hatred of humanity spreads between all of them like a disease," growls King. "It's a poison of minds, shattering dreams."

"You threaten with death and take away my freedom. You have no right to talk about hatred."

"I didn't take your freedom, Halfblood," he answers. "You never had any because you weren't strong enough to protect it."

"How would I become strong enough if I was a slave ever since I remember?!" you yell at him, fighting to hold your emotions back.

King freezes and lours, but his features suddenly soften. The red eyes find the bloody piercing, where he dropped it to the floor earlier.

"Lower your voice if you talk to me," he says calmly. You scowl and try to moderate your breath. "Where did you come from?"

You stay silent, and he sighs deeply.

"I don't know what will happen to you here by my hands, but whatever past chases you, it can't pass Wano's borders. I give my word to that. And I won't hurt you either, as long as you don't oppose me."

You cast down your eyes but still don't answer him. King shakes his head, and you feel enchanted just by watching his white hair flowing from the movement.

His fingers comb through the silvery locks as he gathers them, then takes on the dark mask to hide his face again.

You can't understand or explain the feeling, but a hollow opens in your heart that you never noticed being filled in.

Loneliness runs through your veins, making your blood heavy and dense.

People only feel lonely after they learn what it's like to have someone who hears their voice.

King secures the mask and runs his hands on its sides to make sure it's up well.

The Lunarian walks to the door, and the distance grows between you and him.

"I'm going to get everything I need to heal your wings," he says. "You stay here. If you try to leave, you are dead."

"Why do you want to heal them?"

"Those wings are a gift for my blood. I can't stand seeing them broken."

"It doesn't matter. I can't fly."

King looks back at you, and you shiver when you see the mask again, hiding all his emotions.

"The question isn't about that," he answers. You tilt your head confusedly, and the man closes his bright eyes for a moment. "It's about whether you want it or not."

Your heart misses a beat, but the pirate takes his leave before you would say anything.

After the lock of the door sounds, complete silence falls over the room. You stay on the floor and glare into nothing for a long time before you move.

You feel the numb pain of your tongue, but at least the bleeding stopped.

You stand up, and despite the situation, you start smiling. No chains or shackles are left, even if this place is just another prison to be closed in.