Twelve

You feel tears running into your eyes and kiss him back, your wings subconsciously lifting you to the air to be closer to him.

King notices how the height difference decreased, and his arms run by your waist, embracing you tightly until it feels like you become part of him.

His hands move steadily and carefully, but his kiss is rough and fast.

Your tears touch the dark skin of his cheek, making it glint by the reddish light of his fire.

The Lunarian bites your lower lip gently, but you shiver as his teeth still leave behind a shallow wound, a drop of blood flowing out.

He can't control his strength.

King stops as he feels your hesitation.

"Sorry," he whispers to you silently, his voice so hoarse that you can barely hear it.

It still means the world to you.

All those wounds you received in your life, but nobody apologized for them.

At Mariejois, you weren't more than an object, so they didn't mind hurting you. In the beginning, Alber never did it either.

You were only a Halfblood, after all.

Now, you are his.

You push him away to create some distance, pressing your forehead against his to feel the breeze of his breath.

Your chest is sinking and rising at a fast pace.

Alber holds you by his body with one arm, stroking your face with the other. His fingers run through your hair and brush it over your shoulder.

His grip turns stronger as he moves you up, tasting your skin at the crook of your neck.

You close your eyes and lean your head over his, only a few centimeters from the joyful, dazzling flames.

You don't fear them, and their heat doesn't burn you.

You close your mouth and touch the slight injury on its surface while resting your elbows above the muscles of his shoulders.

You might be attached because he's the first person in your life who showed you kindness, who taught you. But right now, you can't think of it.

You feel safe.

The World Nobles took your wings, and he gave them back to you. He told you the ancient tales of his kind.

They pierced through your tongue to silence you, but he gave your voice back.

He danced with you, even if his Sun has been dead for so long.

You never had anything to lose other than your life.

King had everything he needed and lost it all because of humanity's fear and greed.

Don't let their hate spread.

You thrill as you hear him in your mind, loud and clear.

Hatred takes away a part of the soul, making you unable to feel certain emotions.

What scares you is that this man is aware of it. He knows he can't feel love because he remembers how it was.

Yet he still fights.

It's all you ever wanted to do.

"King," you whisper. He stops moving for a second, then leaves one last kiss under your jaw before leaning back.

"What?"

You wait for a little and touch his face gently.

All your fear left you, but your heart beats crazily, and the heat of his flames makes your blood flow faster.