Twenty-two

Your wings take you through the endless sky, and you don't know why the tears flow down your face.

You hum a melody you don't seem to recognize but one ingrained in your soul so deeply that you can not forget it.

The song that those dark, beautiful wings sang for you to protect their owner from himself, which you failed to do in the end.

The last Lunarian let you go before you could understand the bond that grew between you and him, but he also let you go before he could hurt you.

You don't know that he tried to kill you and don't see the thin car across your neck.

You don't see the blue circles shining brightly in your eyes from the fire he gifted you as protection.

Your wings cast a large shadow above the clouds, taking you to the old home, following the command of the last Lunarian.

Your mind feels empty and clear ever since you left Onigashima.

You fell into delirium, the flames of his care taking over your will to guide you through the infinite sky, trying to get you to the last and only place safe for his kind.

And your last bits of consciousness sense as your body slowly reaches its limits despite the power he gave you.

You keep flying for several days without eating, drinking, or sleeping.

The world drifted far from reality, and the Dance of the Sun and the Moon resonates through your bones to the rhythm he taught you too.

You tilt your head as you see enormous mountains painted crimson by nature.

The way he chose leads you there, the Red Line growing tremendous on the horizon.

No thought is allowed to your mind as the blue fire rules over your body, keeping only his last word that suffocates every emotion and every notion of your own.

"Go."

His strength runs through your veins and keeps your heart beating as you crash into the ground of his home and gasp for air as exhaustion shakes all your nerves.

It brought you to the edge of passing out, but Alber's fire let you fly through the world safely, moving your wings for over a week without an end.

You are only a Halfblood.

You couldn't inherit those crimson eyes, couldn't awaken their flames, and couldn't acquire the power of his race.

Yet all the things you missed were given by him to fill in the void, offering the promise of a long life that your kind never had a chance to.

He never gave you a choice since the day you saw his face, which you can't recall now, under the charm he casted to send you far from him.

It was to make sure you won't meet the fate you escaped from and the one he got by visiting the Blue Sea.

The hatred of humanity, the torture and doom that their fear brings to anything threatening them.

You shake your head when you look around the unfamiliar place, your gaze blurred from the tiredness.

Your face falls back to the dirt, and you cover yourself with your wings, panting as you try to gather your composure again.

You close your eyes, the human eyes burning with Alber's fire.

The one word releases your mind as you reach the destination he gave you.

The Sun sets on the horizon, and the same stars shine upon you that attended the birth of the first Lunarians who emerged from the shadows of the dark sea.