Twenty-eight

Several months of timeskip

You finish the book you were reading and glare into nothing for a few minutes in shock before you can stand up.

You look around and scowl when you see the carpet empty where Alber lay before you got lost in the old story.

He needs to hear this.

The stars are shining brightly above the sky, the hour of midnight is close.

You began the book late afternoon and didn't notice how much time passed.

You stand up and fly outside through the open arch of the home.

When you can't see him anywhere, you go higher and call his name.

He doesn't answer, so you close your eyes to listen to his song until you find the right direction.

Your mind is filled with happiness when you see him under the waterfall, which became one of his favorite places.

The Lunarian wields his sword with slow and precise movements, each of them cutting the waterdrops in half, creating a cloudy mist around his figure.

He lets his black wings move without his control, and they follow the gestures of his strong arms on their own.

Whenever he opens his eyes through the dance-like course, they gleam through the darkness like a pair of polished rubies.

His white hair is soaked in water, the wet locks sticking to his bare chest and back because he left his shirt at the shore.

The defined muscles are tense under his dark skin, looking just as rigid as the metal blade in his hand.

As he handles the weapon designed to protect and kill, his act still radiates peace and balance, like an unearthly creature that brings down the brightest of the shooting stars, which threat with burning down the world of men.

He looks like a vision.

Alber is most likely aware of your presence, yet he doesn't show any sign of it.

Lunarians fought many battles through the centuries. Just as he told you long ago, history is written by blood.

But even amid the cruelty and coldness these swords carry, there lies beauty and tranquility like nothing else under the Sun.

Ever since his childhood, he saw both sides of these blades.

The weapon does not carry hatred, only its wielder if he chooses the darker path.

And despite his sorrow of failing his Captain, Alber is grateful for his last defeat against Roronoa of the Strawhat Pirates because it reminded him of the value hidden in challenges and wars, which he almost forgot through the years.

Fighting isn't only about strength, real fights are not.

But after finding peace in this home, he doesn't long for them anymore. With that in mind, he wields his sword to maintain his power each day.

When you were interested, he often taught you too.

You will never get close to his level, but you are getting stronger and begin to understand why it is so important to him.

And Alber is so proud of your progress.

Accepting the past won't change it, and he can never forget the day he lost Lumen.

He vowed that whatever happens in the future, he will never let anyone hurt those he loves.

You wait until he finishes and steps forward into the shallow lake.