Chapter 191: Fallen star (8)

...

Sirwen frantically raised her voice.

"W-why are you talking about Jaehwan! What's up with that?!"

"Oh, I am assuming you are interested in Jaehwan. I guess I forgot to mention it."

"W-why are you assuming such...!"

"Anyway, let's just assume for the sake of things. Even if you hate me so much, if I help you to get together with Jaehwan... wouldn't you change your thoughts of me?"

"Th-that's... uh..." Sirwen stuttered.

"Just answer me. Yes or no. It's just an example."

"W-well... I guess, yes."

"What is yes? You mean you are thankful for me helping you and Jaehwan get together?"

"Y-yeah. You're right."

Sirwen answered as she gave up. Yoonhwan clapped satisfyingly and the others clapped also.

"You are right. It's exactly that."

"What is that exactly?!"

She felt she had been made a fool. She glanced over at Jaehwan, but he didn't seem to care. Chunghuh and Runald cackled while Sirwen just glared.

Yoonhwan said, "The feeling you will have toward me, is the same feeling these Vicegerents currently have toward Rupture."

"Huh?"

"They are thankful."

Sirwen became confused. Her 2,400 years of consciousness came back to her. The story that took a long detour finally came back to the original topic.

"Wait... You mean... Vicegerents are..."

"They are thankful for Rupture."

"Even after all they've been through?"

"Yes, although it's hard to understand."

"But why! That's impossible!"

"Like I said, it doesn't make sense. But it's an emotional aspect."

Yoonhwan continued explaining, "The fall of Big Brother so significant that the people don't care about what Rupture did to <Depth> anymore."

Sirwen then began to think. Actually, she kind of understood. Big Brother was the most terrifying being in <Depth> until now.

Big Brother was the being that controlled the System and started all the [Settings]. He was a being who could kill anyone at any time for any reason. Big Brother was such a being. A tyrant who could do anything. And it was Rupture who freed <Depth> from that terror.

'I see...'

Sirwen then understood.

"So, that's what you mean. We have no justification."

"Yes. Rupture is not the enemy, but the hero of <Depth>."

Myad appeared suddenly and took down the tyrant on the day of the Revolution. Yoonwan continued, "And Myad's recent proclamation is reinforcing Rupture into its frame."

"Proclamation? What was it?"

"He is claiming that he will unite all unique worlds into one to create a world with no wars, no Big Brother."

"That's impossible.."

"Yes, but that's what everyone believes in now. There are rumors that the sites under Rupture are better to live in. Regardless, I believe that it's a false rumor."