Chapter 217: Big Brother (11)

...

[You took longer than I thought. I expected you to come 16 times earlier than this.]

Jaehwan had only seen Sirwen, but he knew exactly what Nightmares looked like. They had a small pair of horns on their heads and small wings on their back, but they looked just like humans otherwise. The being in front of him was definitely a Nightmare.

Nightmare Mulack Armelt.

One of the 13 Master Craftsmen, and the being who created the Tower of Remorse. He was here.

[Haha, haven't you looked enough? Or do I have something on my face?]

Even with Mulack's words, Jaehwan couldn't take his eyes off him. Jaehwan recognized the presence however. Mulack wasn't just a Nightmare. He was now something beyond a Nightmare.

[I know you must have a lot of questions.]

"Are you Big Brother?"

[Big Brother? OH! Big Brother...]

As if he had forgotten that word for a long time, Mulack laughed.

[I didn't think you would be curious about that. Didn't you come through the 'Fall of time' to get here?]

"I asked if you are Big Brother."

[Haha... so you haven't changed even though you came all the way here. It's about time you lose your stubbornness...]

Mulack narrowed his eyes.

[Well, I guess acquiring understanding beyond that of a normal being doesn't get you all that you need to know.]

Mulack then turned away from Jaehwan and began to wander around the corridor.

[Big Brother... yes. That's the name that's been used recently.]

A coldness then struck. Jaehwan asked, "...Are there other names?"

[Of course, there are many names. Big Brother, Invisible Hand, God of Gods, The Beginning One.... You know all this, don't you?]

Jaehwan wasn't sure why Mulack insisted that he knew all of it, but it seemed like the Nightmare was going to say it anyway so Jaehwan decided to listen first.

[Big Brother was created 210 thousand years ago. But it existed long before that.]

Mulack then turned to the corner of the corridor. There was the tank Jaehwan had been looking at. It was the tank that contained Daeus. Mulack reached out and touched the surface. Daeus' eye opened instantly. Before Jaehwan could put his hand on his sword, some kind of music began filling the air. Then, there was a screen in the air where the voice had come from.

-That power is dangerous. It is not something we can control.

It wasn't Daeus' voice. Jaehwan had a heard voice very similar to this one in the Forest of Madness.

'Ra-hamad.'

However, the being on the screen wasn't Ra-hamad.

-No, we must use it. Only we have the right to wield the power.

Catastrophe's voice came after, and Jaehwan soon confirmed that the voice was Geshtalt's. He then realized what the image was about.

-Let's start.

With Daeus' mechanical voice, the world powers of the Three Ancient God gathered together. Jaehwan watched the powerful conversion of world powers. The Three Gods were resonating with each other.