Chapter 211: Big Brother (5)

...

He walked in darkness. He walked and walked and walked. He sometimes ran and swung his sword at emptiness, but he knew everything was pointless. Unleashing his world power, walking or running. Nothing worked. He could not get out of this space. Maybe Jaehwan had realized this too late.

A space of endless darkness. Maybe the space at the beginning of time was like this. Jaehwan had just walked a few steps into this space when he felt everything was upon him now. He would meet Big Brother, defeat him, and everything would be over.

However, the darkness did not stop no matter how far he walked. The darkness was so complete that he did not know where he was walking. The only sound inside of this empty darkness were his footsteps and his own voice when he shouted.

"Big Brother!"

He also looked for any signs of people, but no one replied to his presence. He was completely alone in this giant space.

A month passed. The only reason Jaehwan was certain of how much time had passed was that he used his unique world to keep track of time. And after a month of investigation, he found out many things about this place.

First, there was no way of getting out. The only possible way might be using the entrance he used, but he had long forgotten where it was. It was possible that he might exit when the eye 'blinked' again but...

'I can't go back.'

He couldn't go back to <Depth>. That was not an option. The only option left was to move forward, but the problem was that he did not know which way was 'forward'. Jaehwan wasn't sure how big this place was as it seemed to span infinitely. Maybe this space was something that Big Brother created, that seemed like the only possible answer.

'Dammit.'

Jaehwan had no choice but to walk aimlessly, and like that, a month had passed.

"Hey, is anyone there?"

It was quite painful that there was no one to answer his call.

Painful? What was painful? Painful that he was alone?

Jaehwan felt like he had become weak. He had stabbed alone for years in the Tower of Nightmares and did not need anyone to talk to him. But maybe it was those stabs that allowed him to endure being alone. His goal and the change that came from all those stabs allowed him to endure everything, but what about now?

'If I stab like before...'

He thought about it. He had given up on wishing that his 'stab' would become powerful by repeatedly practicing, but there was a possibility that he might come to some kind of realization through stabs and find a way out of this place by ripping it apart.

Jaehwan then decided to think simply. If Big Brother did not come to meet him, then he needed to cause enough trouble for Big Brother to come. He began to stab into emptiness.

Once, twice....

They were precise and powerful stabs. Stabs that did not care about how many times he repeated. Stabs only made for the sake of stabbing. Jaehwan focused on his stab, and repeated it, again and again.

Three years passed. Jaehwan threw down his sword to the ground as he scratched his long, messy hair. His stab, as expected, had no growth. It did allow him to use the power of [Fall] more precisely, but there weren't that many results for three years of stabbing.

'Has it really been three years?'

He was losing his sense of time. Maybe it was because he was in the darkness, or maybe there was some other reason.